• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Just may be the cat’s meow...big broad back strap to spread out the recoil, nice point.

It's funny, people squawk about how snappy the recoil is with 40 S&W in regular plastic pistols. It's pleasant with a double-stack 1911/2011. I will eventually get the barrel reamed in my ParaOrdnance P16-40 to 10mm.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    The 40 single stack I built was intended to be reamed and tuned to 10mm. It is a ramped barrel pistol. As much as I don’t care for convertibles, doing that to this pistol makes sense. We think alike.

I built an unramped 10mm so there is no hurry. My tuning concerns were the firing pin swipes and keeping the pistol locked for adequate time on that pistol. The case support is that good - even with Underwood barn burners. Hand loading will take me there with less cost. I won’t push it much harder, if I need or want real power the Ruger 44’s come out to play.

Kicker is, I already have a 38 Super barrel, extractor, firing pin stop (IIRC), mainspring with housing, and magazines for it. I fitted Novak adjustable rear sights to it for that reason - plus I just like adjustable sights. I record sight settings so I can flip from one caliber to the other and make appropriate changes without test firing. Did lots of that shooting Hunter’s Pistol. I shot two boxes of 38S through it, yawned and left it as a 40.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It's funny, people squawk about how snappy the recoil is with 40 S&W in regular plastic pistols. It's pleasant with a double-stack 1911/2011. I will eventually get the barrel reamed in my ParaOrdnance P16-40 to 10mm.

Now that would be badass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    I found an xdm 10mm, waiting for it to come in and then the gun jail wait begins

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Congrats DocP! After you get it, add a 22lb. spring, a PRP drop in trigger kit, and some X-treme grips, and she’ll be perfect!

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    Congrats DocP! After you get it, add a 22lb. spring, a PRP drop in trigger kit, and some X-treme grips, and she’ll be perfect!

Grips and Spring I can change, but trigger will have to go to a smith

454shooter

LARGE Caliber
    Jun 20, 2020
    Harford County
    Swapping Glock internals really is pretty straight forward. If you search youtube or his store...Lenny Magill has a video for pretty much everything Glock. Love him or hate him, his videos really make it easy.

454shooter

LARGE Caliber
    Jun 20, 2020
    Harford County
    Doc, I understand, not everyone is comfortable tinkering with gun internals. It is a smart move having a pro install your sights. I have installed aftermarket tritium sights on 5-6 various XD models and they can be extremely tight in the dovetail. It requires a good sight pusher tool and some patience for sure.

DocPeanut

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2010
    Doc, I understand, not everyone is comfortable tinkering with gun internals. It is a smart move having a pro install your sights. I have installed aftermarket tritium sights on 5-6 various XD models and they can be extremely tight in the dovetail. It requires a good sight pusher tool and some patience for sure.

For peace of mind alone it’s worth it to me lol

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Once again.... Bren 10

-Rock

Are they as reliable as other Miami Vice guns, like the Mac-10? :D

The XDM is a good gun from what I hear. I have an XD in .45 and it shoots well and reliable with all kinds of ammo. The XDM is supposed to be an improved version of the XD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom