• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Ramirez was trying to bait the very very well educated and spoken 2A supporter who was one of the Post woollard 365. He didn’t bite and handled the trap like a champ!

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Do you actually think you changed anyone's mind?

From my experience in testifying in the past on both gun bills and other bills, you can just gaze at the legislators and see that 90% of them have already made up their minds on how they will vote on any give bill.

Think back to 2013. Many of us were there from first thing in the morning until well after midnight when the only testimony we were allowed to give was our name.

It's all just lip service by the MGA.
    Maybe lip service , till the light goes on. You never know. One vote doesn't count. Oh wait, it did in Virginia. .

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Basically, standard presentations at these CCW/ W/C Permit hearings. Most bodies on the pro-side with more cogent arguments, though some were a bit boiler plate for the movement. Anti's were your standard fare plus a couple of uninformed goobers (who Sen Hough put the brass tacks to) and they structured it, of course, as "Pro's first, Anti's last" so it ended with 4-5 anti's pulling numbers / stats out of their asses.

Truthfully, chairman didn't look too swayed but he did us the favor of calling out an anti's ******** statistics to his face. Attendance wasn't too heavy, maybe 20-25 people.

This how all of the bills are stuctured both Pro 2A, and Anti 2A. When Anti 2A bills are presented, we go last as the desenting voice.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If you didn't show up in Annapolis today - you get the government you deserve.
    You will have a chance to redeem yourselves in a few weeks.

I haven't watched the hearing yet, so I have to ask, did you personally testify?

If not, then perhaps you shouldn't throw stones.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Do you actually think you changed anyone's mind?

From my experience in testifying in the past on both gun bills and other bills, you can just gaze at the legislators and see that 90% of them have already made up their minds on how they will vote on any give bill.

Think back to 2013. Many of us were there from first thing in the morning until well after midnight when the only testimony we were allowed to give was our name.

It's all just lip service by the MGA.

I think you have the two different chances to testify confused. On the Senate side we were done well before midnight and the Chairman started having people walk through and state their name and position on the bill.

On the House side, we stayed until almost 4:00 AM and everyone that stayed got to be heard for their 3 minute time limit.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Ramirez was trying to bait the very very well educated and spoken 2A supporter who was one of the Post woollard 365. He didn’t bite and handled the trap like a champ!

Seemed a legitimate question, no bait or trap. A definitive answer could of been given that would of surprised Ramirez, and you could of delivered it. Why the focus on a distinction that training was not under the direct auspices of Maryland State government employed instructors, I didn't understand going there. MSP certifies contractors, leave it at that w/o comment on the structure being state run vs certified instruction.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Seemed a legitimate question, no bait or trap. A definitive answer could of been given that would of surprised Ramirez, and you could of delivered it. Why the focus on a distinction that training was not under the direct auspices of Maryland State government employed instructors, I didn't understand going there. MSP certifies contractors, leave it at that w/o comment on the structure being state run vs certified instruction.

Except that DC-W actually testified before this gentleman and the question by Ramirez. But that's okay, I'm sure you will be there next Wednesday afternoon to coach up the good guys instead of Monday morning quarterbacking.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Can you say, "I'm against the bill because G&S should be the default under the Maryland Constitution and Federal 2A. Then counter all the BS statics on the antis?

Technically and strictly speaking, no because the Supreme Court has not ruled on the matter. As you heard, despite what the Court has said, some still believe the national guard and police preclude the need for armed indications at all...

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Except that DC-W actually testified before this gentleman and the question by Ramirez. But that's okay, I'm sure you will be there next Wednesday afternoon to coach up the good guys instead of Monday morning quarterbacking.

You ever think before you post? It was a compliment.. yes he wasn't asked the question but trust DC-W would have hit it out of the park given that question.
    Maybe too get Websters and lookup could vs should.

Every part of me not only wanted to yell that the Supreme Court ruled that the 2A is an individual right in Heller, when Kelley said what she did, but also that we instructors teach use of force law and what thresholds must be met to claim lawful self defense.

Instead, we’re portrayed as mindless sociopaths. Loved when one of those guys was asked if he had ever taken a class and he responded with a “No”.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    I think you have the two different chances to testify confused. On the Senate side we were done well before midnight and the Chairman started having people walk through and state their name and position on the bill.

On the House side, we stayed until almost 4:00 AM and everyone that stayed got to be heard for their 3 minute time limit.

You are most likely correct. I'm old, things from 5 years ago quickly become blurs in time.

I just recall both were very long, tiring days and you could see majority of the MGA members in the room really weren't much interested.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    You are most likely correct. I'm old, things from 5 years ago quickly become blurs in time.

I just recall both were very long, tiring days and you could see majority of the MGA members in the room really weren't much interested.

On the Senate Committee that would be correct, but the House Joint Committee was very much engaged and open to discussion.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads