• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I could never go to one of these. I would not be able to restrain myself from standing up and calling some of these last people who testified "liars" and "idiots" at the top of my lungs, which I don't think would help anyone here. why is there no rebuttal or challenge to their outright lies?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I could never go to one of these. I would not be able to restrain myself from standing up and calling some of these last people who testified "liars" and "idiots" at the top of my lungs, which I don't think would help anyone here. why is there no rebuttal or challenge to their outright lies?

+1
    Trump would do it!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    One thing I noticed during testimony is the prevailing argument against granting a wear and carry permit is that there was already a recourse against violence towards the victim, the police department.

Mere mention of the murder rate in Baltimore ought to undermine any idea of reliance on the PD for protection against violence.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    One thing I noticed during testimony is the prevailing argument against granting a wear and carry permit is that there was already a recourse against violence towards the victim, the police department. If that is the case then we already have a agency to protect us against our house or car burning up, the fire Department. Using the same argument why would you have a fire extinguisher in your car or house. There is already a public agency to protect you right? Just asking for a friend....

The fire extinguisher analogy has been used in past years and fell upon deaf ears, like any statement which doesn't pander to the omniscience and benevolence of the State.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Mere mention of the murder rate in Baltimore ought to undermine any idea of reliance on the PD for protection against violence.

Agreed, so why doesn't someone use that argument at the next assembly. Just question them if they have a fire extinguisher in their house and if so why? Then push the argument to its logical ending. At that point they become a hypocrite if they say that the fire extinguish is for their protection.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Next point, one individual kept referring to the fact of more guns more shootings. Well duh! More cars more accidents, more 5 gal buckets more kids drowning, more knives.... You get my point. Let's be proactive. We know they are going to throw these meaningless statistics out there so we should when giving testimony put them out there first and debunk the statements.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Next point, one individual kept referring to the fact of more guns more shootings. Well duh! More cars more accidents, more 5 gal buckets more kids drowning, more knives.... You get my point. Let's be proactive. We know they are going to throw these meaningless statistics out there so we should when giving testimony put them out there first and debunk the statements.

More talking and testifying, more stupidity!

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    While we're at it one more point that I noticed. Why doesn't someone read verbatim the application form for purchasing a firearm with emphasis on all the items that make you a non eligible person to acquire said firearm. Drugs, criminal conviction, habitual drunkard,domestic violence etc. Beat them up with their own laws and knock the legs out from them before they can twist the (ignore) what's already law.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    The "doctor and scientist" from NIH referenced a study stating people with guns were 4.2 times as likely to be shot than people without guns. He will likely be back again with the same BS for the House hearings, so here is some info about that study:

http://reason.com/blog/2009/10/05/why-skydivers-would-be-better

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/ten-gun-myths-and-memes-shot-down.280488/page-101

The 2009 paper by Branas has been pretty thoroughly refuted as a piece of sagecraft specifically tailored to be used in the McDonald case. It would be fun if someone could bring it up in the House before the "good doctor" can testify.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    How sad is it a member of the GA doesn't know the difference between the Militia and the military?

Pretty damn ignorant.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials."

George Mason

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Those testifying should be sworn in under oath, this would stop alot of the blatant lies and false reports...

I don't think for a New York second that it would. These boobs don't grasp the difference between fantasy and reality. Why would saying a few words make any difference to them?

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Those testifying should be sworn in under oath, this would stop alot of the blatant lies and false reports. It should also be a requirement to know and understand the Constitution and BoR in order to hold a public office position.

I believe it was Senator Green (JPC Vice Chair) who more than once tried and failed to get a bill passed making it illegal to lie before the Committee. Seems like a no brainer to me.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    I believe it was Senator Green (JPC Vice Chair) who more than once tried and failed to get a bill passed making it illegal to lie before the Committee. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Some one in politics requiring the truth be told!?!?:lol2:

Now thats funny right there, that cat must have forgot his job and most likely got a talking to by the leadership

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I could only listen to the first few minutes and had business to attend to, without reading the last bunch of pages could I get a synopsis?

Or is it “ guns and gun people bad, only crumbles need guns, and we don’t want to put criminals in jail” ********?

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Can’t a prohibited person carry a knife or other weapon with a CCW?
    IIRC, (and excuse the wrong wording up there, meant W/C permit etc) if you're disqualified due to the felony / violent crime classification re: firearms, you cannot carry a knife legally. That said, and again, !!IANAL!!, I believe it's considered only a misdemeanor if caught.

Anyone smarter / more informed than me care to clarify?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom