• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Why is someone running around with a bb gun when police arrive? I think its time to drop it and let them know its a bb gun. And if you know anything about Suitland, its ghetto there. And there are alot of people running around with real guns in that area.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    http://news.yahoo.com/maryland-police-mistake-pellet-gun-assault-rifle-kill-160650227.html

No indication that he pointed the bb gun at the police, no information in whether or not he heard them request that he drop it, and no mention of how many times they asked.

Please keep this in mind if you ever think about open carrying in our wonderfully repressed state.

NOTHING TO DO WITH OPEN CARRY.

" the man refused to drop his weapon, spokeswoman Julie Parker said.

After several warnings to put down the gun, both officers shot and killed the man, Parker said"

http://news.yahoo.com/maryland-police-mistake-pellet-gun-assault-rifle-kill-160650227.html

No indication that he pointed the bb gun at the police, no information in whether or not he heard them request that he drop it, and no mention of how many times they asked.

Please keep this in mind if you ever think about open carrying in our wonderfully repressed state.
    Only he would know.:shrug:

NOTHING TO DO WITH OPEN CARRY.

" the man refused to drop his weapon, spokeswoman Julie Parker said.

After several warnings to put down the gun, both officers shot and killed the man, Parker said"

:thumbsup:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Obviously he should have complied and put it down, but I'd still like to know if he was pointing it, or even holding it. Or was it just slung over his shoulder.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Why is someone running around with a bb gun when police arrive? I think its time to drop it and let them know its a bb gun. And if you know anything about Suitland, its ghetto there. And there are alot of people running around with real guns in that area.

At 2am to top it off.

Sounds like a justifiable shoot to me.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    These are always tough calls.

When the police say put down the gun. Put down the gun.

Sorry it had to happen, but the Police need to protect themselves.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    At the scene of an altercation when police arrive. 2am. Apartment complex where folks are known to be armed while conducting criminal activity. Was told to drop the gun and refused.

Good shoot, in my opinion.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk 2

pseudonym

Mar 4, 2013
    HoCo
    I though it was legal in Maryland to open carry a long gun. If he wasn't committing a crime, why would he be ordered to put down his gun? Gansler needs to take up this case.

Arel11

Aug 7, 2012

Or he could just drop it? I guarantee you the police were screaming for him to drop it. We don't whisper. And if you need a lesson in action vs. reaction, I'll be glad to educate you. Sounds like you're just grasping for a reason to hate...

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I have a couple of those BB guns and they look pretty real (even up close), some are made to feel real too. Some thugs have been painting the orange tips black to make them look real, some have been painting orange tips on real guns to fool the cops. Two people arguing at 2am, in the dark, you just cannot assume a gun is fake. Put the weapon (knife, bb gun, pencil, baseball bat) down.

My boy did not deserve it in 3...2...1...

Here are the two bb guns recovered, http://pgpolice.blogspot.com/2014/05/pgpd-investigates-police-involved.html

Attachments

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      21.1 KB · Views: 856
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      32.3 KB · Views: 862

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    respect is a 2 way street . even if you are holding a perp at gunpoint once the police arrive you should de escalate it . Cops are under a lot of stress don't make it worse by not complying with any order , it is easier to challenge any aspect while standing and not in a pine box

Good shoot cop went home and the dirtbag is in the box . Would like to see the pos' criminal record

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    I've seen plenty of cases where in my opinion the police overreacted or used excessive force. Based on the meager account from the news article, this doesn't seem to be one:
    The Prince George's County Police officers opened fire outside a Suitland, Maryland, apartment complex when the man refused to drop his weapon, spokeswoman Julie Parker said.

After several warnings to put down the gun, both officers shot and killed the man, Parker said.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Sounds like the Eric Scott case out in Vegas. When a cop tells you to drop the weapon, you best do it.

If his is factual, he got what he deserved. I feel bad for the cops, not this dirtbag.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Sounds like the Eric Scott case out in Vegas. When a cop tells you to drop the weapon, you best do it.

If his is factual, he got what he deserved. I feel bad for the cops, not this dirtbag.

That's the key point. He's not here to tell the story, so ya just gotta hope that what's being reported is the truth and that someone didn't jump the gun(pun intended) and make up the cya story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom