• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StickerLT

Jul 26, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yep, except Sunday, DNR called that one right :thumbsup: When they start eating enough pets maybe the Legislature will give us Sunday :thumbsup:

Its amazing the number of Yotes in surrounding States; PA,VA, Ky, W VA and Ohio so the future Yote hunting looks promising :D

Busted this one @ 291 yards in the neck with 22-250

26066coyote-neck_shot.jpg

Sweet! Nice shootin'.

JLaff

Dec 12, 2012
    Maryland
    Very nice!

I know a few people in WV and Va and they have said they have really gotten out of hand down there. Hopefully myself and a few friends will be getting out soon to reduce the population around here :)

Soon. Very soon. I want to re-do the zero on my rifle. Went out Monday but I wasn't to impressed with the results. The PPU soft points seemed to be shooting a lot better than the Remington rounds. I wanna build a lead sled and go back out.

OSOK1776

Oct 26, 2011
    Glen Burnie
    Yeah Maryland is year around with Oct 15 to Mar 15 being day and night. Once Christmas comes around and I can finally use my .223 bolt gun we're going to hit it. We have a few leads in the area for hunting. Once we get it all set I'll have to let you know and we can all slay some coyotes. My email is JLaff86@gmail.com. Let me know if you're serious.

I would love to go coyote hunting. Never have actually "hunted" anything.

JLaff

Dec 12, 2012
    Maryland
    I would love to go coyote hunting. Never have actually "hunted" anything.

Well Stu929 and myself are planning on doing it. My dad and I are still scouting out public land in the area. We probably won't start hunting until the end of January once deer season ends. If you are interested drop me an email or PM and we can try to work out meeting up. I know Steve and I are planning on going to the range at some point.

salopez

Apr 11, 2011
    Mt airy Md
    anyone heard of coywolves? thats what dnr called a yote they got at a farm in frederick. said they are breeding with wolves.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Yep, except Sunday, DNR called that one right :thumbsup: When they start eating enough pets maybe the Legislature will give us Sunday :thumbsup:

Its amazing the number of Yotes in surrounding States; PA,VA, Ky, W VA and Ohio so the future Yote hunting looks promising :D

Busted this one @ 291 yards in the neck with 22-250

26066coyote-neck_shot.jpg

holy cow, 300 yards? Good shooting. .22-250 seems to buck the wind pretty well though, it'll perform at distance.

Well I guess I don't need to tell YOU

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    I wonder if it was an emergency could you eat a coyote?

I guess you'd have to be pretty hungry since even the healthiest ones I've ever seen smell like shit.

Well, not shit... more like, hmm. Ever smell a ferret? That mixed with wet dog fur.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011

I guess you'd have to be pretty hungry since even the healthiest ones I've ever seen smell like shit.

Well, not shit... more like, hmm. Ever smell a ferret? That mixed with wet dog fur.

Uhhh, you mean they smell... like a coyote?:innocent0:lol2:

In an emergency I suppose you can eat anything and probably would depending on the nature and severity of the emergency. There was a wagon train lead by a family named Donner who proved that!:rolleyes:

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Uhhh, you mean they smell... like a coyote?:innocent0:lol2:

In an emergency I suppose you can eat anything and probably would depending on the nature and severity of the emergency. There was a wagon train lead by a family named Donner who proved that!:rolleyes:

you're a smartass:rolleyes:

I like that,

let's be friends:D

DCSCO

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2008
    Frederick County

Dogs are ate by people, coyote should taste similar. Lewis and Clark wrote that the men enjoyed the taste of dogs they traded for with the Indians.

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    anyone heard of coywolves? thats what dnr called a yote they got at a farm in frederick. said they are breeding with wolves.

No, they are not. Who was the DNR rep that said that.

For years back in NNY, along the Canadian border; we were lead to believe the large wolf-like coyote we hunted was actually a coy-dog. This was dismissed later by NYSDEC.

The eastern coyote may have some wolf characteristics, but it has been proven that the actual hybrid can not breed on. If one was to believe this latest thought process, then the endangered red wolf would/could construed as a hybrid wolf-coyote... which would dispell a whole of environmentalist theories and monies for studies and breeding of the red wolf would have been for naught.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Well Stu929 and myself are planning on doing it. My dad and I are still scouting out public land in the area. We probably won't start hunting until the end of January once deer season ends. If you are interested drop me an email or PM and we can try to work out meeting up. I know Steve and I are planning on going to the range at some point.

I'm interested for sure, I'm close to you. Keep me in the loop please.

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    No, they are not. Who was the DNR rep that said that.

For years back in NNY, along the Canadian border; we were lead to believe the large wolf-like coyote we hunted was actually a coy-dog. This was dismissed later by NYSDEC.

The eastern coyote may have some wolf characteristics, but it has been proven that the actual hybrid can not breed on. If one was to believe this latest thought process, then the endangered red wolf would/could construed as a hybrid wolf-coyote... which would dispell a whole of environmentalist theories and monies for studies and breeding of the red wolf would have been for naught.

Their have been rumors mostly in PA and few in W MD, stocked Coyotes from Coyote mills to deal with the deer problem. The rumors are false in both states, where are the Dogs coming from well its a migration from North Eastern US as well as the Mid West too. The Coyote range is expanding to the Mid-Atlantic. Now Coy-Wolf is a loose term for the Eastern Coyote, the Eastern Dog is larger than his/her Western counterpart. The western coyote weighs 20-35 LBS the Eastern can weight from 35 - 60 + pounds for large male. The Eastern coyote has Gray & Red Canadian DNA from gene pool dating back many generations and/or early 1900's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom