• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I'm very happy with it! Its a mix master of course with mostly Springfield and H&R parts. Barrel is a Springfield dated 2-52 with a MR 1+ & TR 3 as per the tag. Stock is a USGI replacement with only RA stamped on it and the P with no circle. My order # was 631712 and I think it was shipped the same day it hit the e-store. I have put in a second order for one more just before the new year and that order # is 635970 and it's been in the e-store for a week or so but I just got the DBU last week saying "This could take up to 6 months or longer to ship". I can only wish I knew about the CMP earlier in my life! Good luck to you guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0110.jpg
      IMG_0110.jpg
      54.5 KB · Views: 370

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    I hadn't been on the CMP site in a while and just realized my C&R is an exemption to the marksmanship related activity! Now if I wasn't broke at the moment...:banghead:

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    My wife will be thrilled, thats how Im going to sell it to her even though she knows the army got them first

The Army was in Hawaii too and it wasn't just the Navy that went to war that day. Hickam Field is just one example:
    http://aviation.hawaii.gov/airfield...air-force-base/hickam-field-photos-1937-1941/

It might have been carried into France at Normandy. Lots of possibilities for those early guns if they only could talk about the history they have seen.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    yup, Welch & Taylor come to mind (P-40 pilots).
    http://www.history.com/news/heroes-of-pearl-harbor-george-welch-and-kenneth-taylor
    granted, they weren't using M-1's :)
    My Grandfather William Drobick comes to mind to me, he was there with the army and always advocated an 03 even right up to his death in 94. I gotta tell the old lady something, she knows the 4 marine barracks shipment of 830 m1 rifles were still at the Philadelphia Depot awaiting shipment on 12-10-41, it can get bad when they start doing research on what your having sent to the house all the time!

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Couldn't be more pleased, ME 2 TE 4 SA 12-44 7th barrel and 7th rnd. mod, some WWII mixmaster parts and a trigger bow with the milled concentric rings. Cleaned the muzzle and crown up and a .302 pin gauge just makes it.
    Congrats! Sounds like a nice find.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Barrel and receiver are original finish, no pitting whatsoever and the stock looks to me to be an Overton replacement. It has a "D" struck into the pistol grip in the same font as a rebuild proof mark from OG on a scant stock that must mean Drill as far as I know.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    I am new to the C&R world and am just figuring out the whole CMP program. I am planning on ordering one the Field Grade M1's as soon as I get my membership info from M1 Collectors Club. I had a question. I see that the HQL and even the C&R FFL qualify for the marksmanship portion of the requirement. My question is if I didn't have my C&R FFL, would I still be able to get a CMP M1 shipped my house. I would assume no, but I really don't see anything on CMP's website saying it is required. Granted CMP's website and explanation of the whole process is not all that easy or easy to locate so maybe I am missing it.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Yes, I don't have An HQL but have met other requirements that meet the criteria. Shoot a Match and use the marksmanship related activity paperwork under forms to be signed by a registered range officer or use a LEO if you can get that done. You must be able to be able to demonstrate 50 rnds of controlled fire.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I am new to the C&R world and am just figuring out the whole CMP program. I am planning on ordering one the Field Grade M1's as soon as I get my membership info from M1 Collectors Club. I had a question. I see that the HQL and even the C&R FFL qualify for the marksmanship portion of the requirement. My question is if I didn't have my C&R FFL, would I still be able to get a CMP M1 shipped my house. I would assume no, but I really don't see anything on CMP's website saying it is required. Granted CMP's website and explanation of the whole process is not all that easy or easy to locate so maybe I am missing it.

For myself it was my birth certificate, M1 Collectors Club, Maryland hunting safety course & MD drivers license. Here's a link to the CMP page. http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/eligibility-requirements/

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    They ship directly to your door, no FFL required.

Range officer can witness your shooting, no formal match required.

There's a link to the form for that at the end of the list of qualification methods.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Direct to your door.

And if you are over 60 no marksmanship required!
    No proof of marksmanship required if over age 60. Proof of club membership and citizenship required for all ages. NOTE: Proof of marksmanship activity is not required for purchase of ammunition, parts, publications or memorabilia.

Shipping Method:

Rifles are shipped FedEx overnight. Ammunition is shipped FedEx Ground. Most other items are shipped FedEx Express Saver. If you have a P.O. Box, please be sure to provide a valid street address on your order. Rifle and ammo shipments – adult signature required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom