• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Hi evereyone. :wave:

I was born in Texas, moved to Oklahoma while still in school, joined the army, was stationed at Ft. Ritchie, MD and ended up meeting a girl from Waynesboro, PA, and settling in Frederick after a tour of duty in Germany. I've frequently wished I lived back in Texas, but only over the past few years has that notion been based on anti gun laws. And 23 years later, it's still the girl's fault. :innocent0

Anyway, With one kid in college (at Texas A&M), and another applying for college this summer, my gun-related investment pool is dry. I have a 1990's era Taurus PT92, and an 870. I have LOTS of items on my wish list, not the list of which is a stripped lower, which I never would have seriously thought about (much less building my own!) except being motivated by our dear Governor.

I was fortunate enough to fall in with the folks at the Frederick Izaak Walton League Chapter #1 (frederickiwla.org), and am in the midst of taking several basic and instructor NRA courses with Ben Kelkye (kelkye.com). Lots of good folks there, and a range 5 minutes from home that's available almost every daylight minute of almost every day of the year.

I've lurked on here since last November or so, and recently started trying to contribute a bit, but I've already learned so much from many of you, and have gotten lots of chuckles as well. So thanks for letting me in, and I look forward to getting to know many of you better!

MDlocal

Jan 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Welcome from another guy from Frederick. I was also lucky enough to take all the basic and RSO classes from Ben this year. Joining Frederick IWLA very soon. Have fun!

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 149

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Welcome to the forum from Southern Maryland.

Ben and the crew at the Freferick IWLA are great people. Ben was one of the many Training Counselors that taught me while I was seeking my NRA certs. Now I have the privledge of teaching the Utah Concealed Firearms permit course at their facility a few times a year.

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Now I have the privledge of teaching the Utah Concealed Firearms permit course at their facility a few times a year.

Thanks for the welcome, and I will definitely try to make the July session!

I was able to attend the MD permit course at the Frederick chapter a couple of weeks back, now I'm just trying to put together my G&R. Also thinking about applying for the MD Designated Collector. Because you know I just can't get enough of government paperwork!

Dukes Defense

Oct 2, 2012
    TTMD, Welcome! if you're a member of the Frederick IWLA club then you're in good hands. I've taken a few courses there and Ben and company are the best!

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    I've really enjoyed that group so far & look forward to more & more training from Ben & his crew. From your signature, it looks like you clearly now your stuff as well!

By the way, I'm an Army vet, too - not retired, but I've been back working for the Army for about going on another12 years now. Thanks for your service!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom