• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    So I just called my gunshop of choice because my HQL finally went active 26 days into the wait. They said I need the card because MSP requires it. So in my opinion, because I don't have a snowballs chance of getting the physical card this week, MSP will have exceeded the 30 day wait period because I functionally don't have a license until I actually possess it according to their own rule.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    Yeah I called back to make sure I didn't misunderstand the guy. He said before I can even fill out the paperwork I need the card in hand. I'm not mad at them, it's their livelyhood, and therefor their decision, but I think it's just another great example of our state police abusing their power over our second amendment rights here in Maryland. 'May Issue' is the most shining example of all.

ruarkkustomz

Dec 24, 2015
    Salisbury,md
    Yeah I called back to make sure I didn't misunderstand the guy. He said before I can even fill out the paperwork I need the card in hand. I'm not mad at them, it's their livelyhood, and therefor their decision, but I think it's just another great example of our state police abusing their power over our second amendment rights here in Maryland. 'May Issue' is the most shining example of all.

I completely agree with you sucks they feel the need to police the law abiding citizens and not the ones doing crimes

Sep 29, 2015
    Delmarva
    My LGS said that they will start paperwork and wait time but will not finish the transfer till I physically have the card, which makes sense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SugeMike

Nov 28, 2015
    ACTIVE AS OF THIS MORNING!!!!!! :party29:

Applied Nov 30th, DHMH completed Dec 1st and then NOTHING until this morning. Active with license number/exp date and all!! You fella's that applied early Dec should have yours any day now!!

Now the wait for the card...

CARD IS IN HAND!!! :D

Quite surprised with the holidays.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Just got mine in the mail today...sadly, United is closed tomorrow so now have to wait till Saturday to pick up my gun.....now I just have to wait for my wear and carry..

Doug S

Trufflehunter
    Jan 21, 2013
    Mine showed up yesterday, seems like they snuck in right under the wire.

Applied 12/1, approved on website 12/22, card received 12/31.

thedutydoctor

Jan 31, 2008
    Rockville, MD
    I Went Active 31st Dec

Just got mine in the mail today...sadly, United is closed tomorrow so now have to wait till Saturday to pick up my gun.....now I just have to wait for my wear and carry..

lonzo - great news - and I just checked - I went active 31st Dec - need to wait for the card now... :party29:

Happy New Year to All.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    possession is the key word. if it's not in your physical possession, the FFL most likely will not sell or transfer.

parsing words may or not be beneficial depending on your point of view

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    Grats! But be prepare to fill out the same paperwork and wait another 7 days to pick your gun up...odd how you have to wait for your HQL to fill out the paperwork just to wait longer...I don't understand how this can be legal.....I gotta get out of this crazy state...but what's the point, i can't run and hide. We gotta fight this. It's one thing to put reasonable checks in place but when you go overboard, that's infringement.

Lastly, you MUST have your HQL in hand to show. If you don't, you can't legally buy.

MocoJed

Nov 16, 2015
    Loco Moco
    One of my favorite gun related topics of conversations with liberal coworkers is how long and annoying it is to actually be able to purchase and obtain a handgun. They all think you just walk in a store and walk out with one, easy peasy... :banghead:

Sep 29, 2015
    Delmarva
    One of my favorite gun related topics of conversations with liberal coworkers is how long and annoying it is to actually be able to purchase and obtain a handgun. They all think you just walk in a store and walk out with one, easy peasy... :banghead:

There's so much truth to this. Yet they want to make the laws....

I'm still waiting on my approval, paid 12/9. Nothing checked except mental health.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orange2V

Mar 22, 2013
    Submitted 1/4
    Mental health completed 1/5
    Prints were done 2 weeks ago. Received a letter in the mail confirming my (lack of) criminal history last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom