CITIZEN GROUPS UNITE TO CHALLENGE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN IN THE U.S. DISTRICT COURT

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I just had a thought - if this ends up at the SC and they rule against a mag ban or AWB, there will be a lot of Democratic legislators angry at O'Malley. If he were smart (I am not saying he is) he would head this one off before it goes too far and ruins it for them.

Its the HQL they need. The rest was a side show. They may loose HQL and all its trappings.

They can't back away--- they think this is the last chance they will get esp after the CO recall.

AWB is a side show It was just used to get the rest... They know its not useful. esp after the last run on ar-15 's :) . The true gun phobes are already pissed thanks to us.

Now we make them pay .... :party29:

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    That was a very interesting read. Surprisingly, despite all of the attention on the HQL, there is no mention of it.

I'm hopeful that the HQL case is waiting in the wings and will be filed once SB281 goes into effect. I imagine there are several cases which are headed to the courts.

---
    Shamr0ck

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Do as you will. But you have no idea what you are talking about.. This is not even the main event....

Agreed. The NRA suit will not be filed until after Oct 1, when the plaintiffs will have standing. No one is harmed by a law that isn't in effect yet. Perhaps more reading of the various threads on this topic will answer questions before they are posed repeatedly.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Folks, be ready for the long run here...

Don't be surprised if the Judge denies the injunction and we have to appeal up the ladder of the court system. Don't get depressed if this happens... it may be a good thing. The closer to the top (SC) we can get the decision made, the better and more reaching the ruling. Expect all kinds of foot dragging and detours by the MD AG in order to put off any real testimony.

So put on your big boy (or girl) pants and get ready for a wild ride!

YEEE HAW!

ajparis71

Sep 6, 2013
    Annapolis
    After reading the filed docket my opinion is that the complaint is not strong enough. I do not see any standing. I hope, however, it makes it way through the system but I get a feeling that the court will say that there are plenty of other guns/rifles the plaintiffs can use for the purpose of defense.

RRHemi

Mar 1, 2013
    Annapolis, MD
    EPIC!

(Need MSI, MDS or AGC to get this on facebook for "liking", linking and sharing).

Found MSI's Facebook page. Couldn't find the others. Two AGC sites, both inactive.

These guys seriously need to embrace social media.
    Like it or not it is essential in today's society to reach out. Get your daughters to operate them, pay them in shoes

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    Found MSI's Facebook page. Couldn't find the others. Two AGC sites, both inactive.

These guys seriously need to embrace social media.
    Like it or not it is essential in today's society to reach out. Get your daughters to operate them, pay them in shoes

:lol2: Now that is funny...and will probably work.

mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    Excellent work! This is the kind of effort I want to continue to see when I am asked to send in donations. Thanks John! I just sent the AGC a check for the Litigation Fund specifically for Case 1:13-cv-02841-CCB. Please use my generous contribution for this case only.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    So what has our NRA dollars gotten us Marylanders? - nothing that I can see. Even after the president of NRA, who lives in Md, said they would file law suit - right!:mad54:

MSI is where our dollars should go:D

Seriously? Did you NOT read the AGC press release or notice that the MD State Rifle and Pistol Association (the state NRA arm) is a party to the suit?

I'm sick of this misnomer around our state these days. The NRA has proven they are in this for us starting with the legislative session. They may have neglected our state for many years and we may have to "trust" but "verify" them for the foreseeable future, but enough is enough.

To anyone knocking the NRA right now, you're going to get a shovel of wisdom from me when I see it.

/rant

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    The Shooting Sports Foundation is under the direction of the NRA IIRC.

I'm not a legal expert by any means, but just reading the brief I could tell they have two specific complaints in this one brief. 1) the undue hardship the law has on Americans with disabilities
    2) the undue hardship this places on Maryland FFL's in relation to those of neighboring states.

Don't bet on this being the only game in town.
    Negative, they are their own, independent, foundation. I do believe they are the main lobbying arm of many manufactures.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    I thought the Plantiffs were not supposed to be personally named(except for the organizations) due to security possibilities. Or was that the other one. So much to keep track of these days.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Seriously? Did you NOT read the AGC press release or notice that the MD State Rifle and Pistol Association (the state NRA arm) is a party to the suit?

I'm sick of this misnomer around our state these days. The NRA has proven they are in this for us starting with the legislative session. They may have neglected our state for many years and we may have to "trust" but "verify" them for the foreseeable future, but enough is enough.

To anyone knocking the NRA right now, you're going to get a shovel of wisdom from me when I see it.

/rant

Not to mention, NRA will file suit AFTER the law goes into effect. It will cost millions. It's not like there can only be one lawsuit. This isn't a football game where the next play is coming in a minute or two. Patience is needed.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I hope there are so many lawsuits that Frosh and OweMalley have to check into a mental health facility.

"Nurse Ratchett I want my cigarettes!!!!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom