• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    A big thanks to Mike, Abbey and their children for a great time at a great facility. Heritage is a beautiful facility and cleaner than any hospital I have ever been in. Friendlly knowledgeable and safe staff. I only wish I could have stayed longer to share and meet more new friends, but the closure of Rt 70 got my schedule all out of whack.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Mike/Boundlessdyad

Thank you for graciously allowing me to attend and bring my portable classroom. You and your Wife are such generous people. The event was great, as was the food. The organizing and effort that went into it is something I am very much aware of. Im glad to have finally had the chance to meet you both. You have a beautiful family. I hope your little one lets you get some sleep soon :o

Im not sure if you are an AR guy, but if you ever need anything AR related, you have my #.

Heritage Training Center. I sincerely appreciate you allowing me to pull my rig right along side of your beautiful facility. It truly is a superb range, shop, and training center. I have seen ranges all over the country and your place is top tier.

As for my efforts there, it was nothing compared to mike and his wife Abigail. Thank you all for letting me take a look at or service your AR. It was great spending the day with a group of like minded Patriots.

Attachments

• 20161029_125628.jpg
      20161029_125628.jpg
      80.2 KB · Views: 303
    • 20161029_125656.jpg
      20161029_125656.jpg
      76.1 KB · Views: 213
    • 20161029_125714.jpg
      20161029_125714.jpg
      115.6 KB · Views: 288
    • 20161029_125732.jpg
      20161029_125732.jpg
      118.4 KB · Views: 216
    Last edited:

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Many thanks to Boundlessdyad for hosting the Dottrio 3rd Annual Shoot, enjoyed talking with you, your wonderful wife and two great kids. Food was very good, you put on a nice spread, like you were going to feed an army. :party29:

It was a bit of a drive for me from Southern Maryland but I have to say the operation at Heritage Training Center is top notch, everything from the building to the safety briefing, the RSO’s the staff was fantastic. I spent some time browsing their large onsite gun shop it nice, from the second I walked in the door I loved it. very large selections of modern firearm with all the major brands and calibers, revolvers, pistols, rifles, shotguns. They had good selection of accessories, and cleaning supplies. What was very surprising was their prices were very reasonable, not drop dead deals you couldn’t pass up but prices that made me want to spend my money there.

The Range was great, free large targets, ears and ears to use if you didn’t have your own, and a very good and large selection of rental hand and long firearms. Good stock of Ammo, though no 9x18 Mak, which wasn’t a big deal as few places I’ve found carry nonstandard 9mm.

I enjoy getting to spend my day talking with the members of the MSI / MDS community. Got to see some old faces and meeting a number of new ones. It was great to finally meet Clandestine face to face, I been reading his online posts and watching his videos but it was a treat to watch first hand a knowledgeable gunsmith in action. He worked an AR’s over like a finely tuned instrument. From the smooth disassembly and assembly of the firearm to the information he gave as people watched him work his craft you could tell the Man knows his stuff and did not mind sharing his knowledge.

The shooting range was very good, target controls were easy to use, lighting and ventilation all worked great. The RSO were not a range nazis but attentive to what was happening but didn’t make you feel they were hovering behind you. If this operation was closer I would get a membership, my wife would love to shoot here, the only issue would be that 3 hour round trip would rule me out of shooting more a few times a year.

I did not take many photo's this year I was to busy with many other things.

Thanks again Boundlessdyad for a great day and the Ozark Trails Tumbler I tested it performance Saturday night and yes does it job very well. :thumbsup:

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    Few Photos this year

Attachments

• S&WMP9 15 feet.jpg
      S&WMP9 15 feet.jpg
      37.7 KB · Views: 297
    • P-64 15 feet.jpg
      P-64 15 feet.jpg
      30.8 KB · Views: 303
    • CZ82 15 feet.jpg
      CZ82 15 feet.jpg
      28.4 KB · Views: 227
    • Range1.jpg
      Range1.jpg
      17.7 KB · Views: 300
    • Range2.jpg
      Range2.jpg
      18.8 KB · Views: 291
    • Range3.jpg
      Range3.jpg
      18.9 KB · Views: 307
    • Range4.jpg
      Range4.jpg
      14.6 KB · Views: 210
    • Range6.jpg
      Range6.jpg
      19.6 KB · Views: 288
    • Range7.jpg
      Range7.jpg
      19.3 KB · Views: 293

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    SOTAR :thumbsup:

Attachments

• SOTAR1.jpg
      SOTAR1.jpg
      34 KB · Views: 300
    • SOTAR2.jpg
      SOTAR2.jpg
      32 KB · Views: 294
    • SOTAR3.jpg
      SOTAR3.jpg
      40.1 KB · Views: 302
    • SOTAR4.jpg
      SOTAR4.jpg
      34.6 KB · Views: 298

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thanks to Mike and Abby for another awesome event. It was good seeing people that I needed to put names to faces, and it was good seeing people again from previous shoots/meet ups.

Pics from yesterday.

Rack and Mrs. DA
    b7480c84b7dea2c61405db6653bb9177.jpg

Mrs. DA and an AR.
    012d575eda40cba5fb0f42f0b1e5ff2c.jpg

Mrs. DA shooting a pistol for probably the 3rd time in her life. She was a better shot with that pistol than I was....
    33dc55a52a366d5c0de6273005d3749d.jpg

P5 with a laser gripped 1911
    cd6d3fe0a9a86a78ed7fa88937d206c8.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I didn't know there was one there. Every time I saw Shafted, he was in the food line(I'm kidding, of course) I didn't take any pics. Sorry.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    What time were you there? I was hoping to meet you

Yeah, I got there late. I bow hunted in the AM and my WAZE(first time using it) took my straight through the Grande Opening of the new outlet center at Rt 121. I didn't get to Hermitage until 1330.:sad20:

I know. I was wanting to meet you and Chevell too. We'll get there.:)

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Yeah, I got there late. I bow hunted in the AM and my WAZE(first time using it) took my straight through the Grande Opening of the new outlet center at Rt 121. I didn't get to Hermitage until 1330.:sad20:

I know. I was wanting to meet you and Chevell too. We'll get there.:)

I probably passed you on 270 in the opposite direction on my way to work. That traffic was ridiculous.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    JgEVCHT.jpg

Mrs. Zzzzz had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. The master plan apparently worked - she's going over this week to sign-up for a class at HTC! :party29:

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I didn't know there was one there. Every time I saw Shafted, he was in the food line(I'm kidding, of course) I didn't take any pics. Sorry.

Hey! Give me a break, I only went back for Round Two after the Chick-Fil-A arrived.:yummy:

Seriously, it was a really great event. The "supervisory crew" kept everyone entertained even when they were both in the ball pit.

The HTC range is amazing. I usually shoot at outdoor ranges, this was only the second time indoors. The targets were well lit, but my tired old eyes found the bench area to be a bit dim, to the point that I often had trouble finding the front sight. I probably need to add a dot of white paint to help with that.

Thanks again (and a big wave of the sign :sign01:) to the whole Dottrio crew for a highly successful effort!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom