• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Not in Florida. You have civil immunity if your homicide is ruled (explicitly or by prosecutorial inaction) to be in lawful self-defense, or if you're acquitted at trial. That's why Crump needed a criminal trial, he'd have no civil case to pursue otherwise.

It wouldn't be surprising if exceptions were made somehow.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    What if GZ HAD lawyered up and not said anything? Everything I've been told about ANY type of criminal investigation ANYONE might encounter suggests that this is what you should do. Can't be accused of changing your story or making false statements (even if unintended) if you zip your lips.

OTOH, it is remarkable that numerous witness statements and physical evidence match his story. It really should have been an open-and-shut case. But, we all know what is afoot. It is truly shameful what the State is doing..

I hope those of you who think the outcome has already been decided are wrong... but part of me is telling me not to hold my breath. Just heard ABC news on the radio saying Zimmerman was apparently not in mortal danger according to testimony today....

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

I really hope I'm wrong and he is let free!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    We all have the desire to try to figure out what happened and have an opinion -- that's fine and understandable regardless of where you come down.

The problem is the State has to prove through admissable evidence beyond reasonable doubt what happened. There appears to be little hope of that with contradictory testimony and lots of areas of no evidence one way or the other.

I have no idea what actually happened that evening, there are aspects that favor both sides, but the State's case seems really weak.

Agree completely.

iggy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 26, 2013
    It does seem odd that he had never heard of "Stand Your Ground." Heck, even we Marylanders know roughly what that Florida law means. And he's a CCW holder!

Even so, I'm not sure I understand the relevance other than the fact that he told Hannity differently. They aren't even using a SYG defense here.

I believe that the prosecutions argument is that Zimmerman was hiding the fact that he took criminal justice classes that dealt with florida's self defense and SYG laws. On the radio this afternoon they were saying one of the next witnesses will be zimmermans professor. I guess they will argue that zimmermans story was told the way it was because he was familiar with the law and "framed his story" to fit the law.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    What if GZ HAD lawyered up and not said anything? Everything I've been told about ANY type of criminal investigation ANYONE might encounter suggests that this is what you should do. Can't be accused of changing your story or making false statements (even if unintended) if you zip your lips.

OTOH, it is remarkable that numerous witness statements and physical evidence match his story. It really should have been an open-and-shut case. But, we all know what is afoot. It is truly shameful what the State is doing..

I hope those of you who think the outcome has already been decided are wrong... but part of me is telling me not to hold my breath. Just heard ABC news on the radio saying Zimmerman was apparently not in mortal danger according to testimony today....

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Actually the Prosecutor would have nothing to talk about. Look at the attempts at damaging Z's story by using his various (TV, Police, etc.) telling's of the story. How often can a person tell a story and keep all the details in the same order and not mess up? If he had Lawyered up the Prosecution would have had to rest by now.

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Zimmerman Trial Day 7 Wrap Up: Prosecution recovers a little, prepared to introduce c

Hey folks,

We covered the morning’s events with our mid-day update, available here at the link below. It included the completion of cross-examination of Chris Serino, who was more ambivalent today than yesterday, and the testimony of Federal Air Marshal Mark Osterman, self-described best-friend of George Zimmerman who testified about what George had told him of the events without hearsay objection by the defense--frankly, it was the kind of hearsay defense attorneys dream of.

If you’ve already viewed it, be aware that I have just now added to that post the video recordings of the morning testimony, so if you are interested in seeing those, that’s the place to go:

Zimmerman Update Exclusive — Mid-Day 7 — Serino more ambivalent, Osterman supports self-defense

This afternoon's line-up had a video presentation of George Zimmerman's appearance on the Sean Hannity show, testimony by a trucked-in medical examiner from the Prosecution team's home-town who never examined either Martin's body or Zimmerman's head, a debate about whether the State could bring into evidence Zimmerman's college records and police academy application (to be settled tomorrow at 8:30AM hearing), and finally testimony from a fingerprint analysts who was unable to identify the only print found on Zimmerman's gun.

To read our analysis and access the video for all aspects of this afternoon's testimony, click here:

Zimmerman Trial Day 7 Wrap Up: Prosecution recovers a little, prepared to introduce college records

Well, that's it for day 7. Don't forget to join us for our all-day live coverage, streaming video and ongoing analysis and scrolling Twitter feed tomorrow. 8:30AM sharp for the hearing on Zimmerman's college records, and whatever time that hearing ends for the trial proper.

Enjoy,

Andrew
    @LawSelfDefense
    Facebook: Law of Self Defense

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    It doesnt matter if Z knew SYG or not, all evidence colaberates with what Z was saying.

So lets sag Z knew SYG, what difference does it make . This was not an act of rage or planned murder so manslaughter and murder do not apply. All evidence accounts to SD so I am not sure what else they can do. Their own witnesses help the defense.

With no TM around there is no solid evidence.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Actually the Prosecutor would have nothing to talk about. Look at the attempts at damaging Z's story by using his various (TV, Police, etc.) telling's of the story. How often can a person tell a story and keep all the details in the same order and not mess up? If he had Lawyered up the Prosecution would have had to rest by now.

That's good to hear. This is proof that even with a clear-cut self-defense encounter, once you open your mouth it's a hell of a ride. :sad20:

"Better judged by [six] than carried by six..." hmmmmmmmmmm.....

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    It doesnt matter if Z knew SYG or not, all evidence colaberates with what Z was saying.

So lets sag Z knew SYG, what difference does it make . This was not an act of rage or planned murder so manslaughter and murder do not apply. All evidence accounts to SD so I am not sure what else they can do. Their own witnesses help the defense.

With no TM around there is no solid evidence.

Isn't everyone supposed to know the law? "Ignorance is no excuse" is what we've all been told - for all laws. And if he had a carry permit, wouldn't they talk about Stand Your Ground during the class?

The first thing the Defense should do when it is there turn is to ask for a dismissal of the case.

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    Zimmerman Trial Day 8: Live Video, Analysis of State's Case & Witnesses

Hey folks,

Today we will again be covering the Zimmerman Trial live, all day, with streaming video. Continuing commentary will be posted in the Twitter feed of selected contributors below the first video feed, and breaking news will be added at the bottom of this post.

During the lunch recess, or immediately thereafter, we will post a mid-day update. We'll then follow up with the usual detailed end-of-day wrap up, including video and embedded Tweets, at the usual time in the evening.

Today court is expected to start at 8:30AM with a hearing, before the jury is brought into the courtroom, on whether to admit into evidence the State’s proffer of Zimmerman’s college records, his application to a Virginia police academy (he used to live in VA), and his application to do a “ride-along” with police officers (an opportunity offered by many departments). As soon as that hearing is over the trial proper is expected to begin.

You can watch it all her LIVE:

Zimmerman Trial Day 8: Live Video, Analysis of State’s Case & Witnesses

You see our analysis and video of yesterday’s courtroom testimony, including Chris Serino’s equivocation, Mark Osterman’s very favorable testimony, Zimmerman’s appearance on Sean Hannity, the odd medical testimony of imported medical examiner Dr. Rao, and the brief and uninformative testimony of fingerprint expert Kristine Benson, here:

Zimmerman Update Exclusive — Mid-Day 7 — Serino more ambivalent, Osterman supports self-defense

and here:

Zimmerman Trial Day 7 Wrap Up: Prosecution recovers a little, prepared to introduce college records

For all of our prior coverage on day-to-day events in court, as covered here at Legal Insurrection, click here:

ARCHIVE: Zimmerman Trial LIVE coverage all day, every day

For all of our prior coverage on issues specific to the Law of Self Defense as covered at my own blog, click here:

Law of Self Defense Blog: Zimmerman Trial

(NOTE: As much as I appreciate everyone visiting the LOSD blog, be sure to return to Legal Insurrection to comment, as nearly all my time is spent there for the duration of the trial. Handy links are provided everywhere that might be useful.)

Andrew
    @LawSelfDefense (or @LawSelfDefense2 when I am in Twitmo--follow both!)
    Facebook: Law of Self Defense

Oct 11, 2012
    It won't be for a while. Once he's found "not guilty" of Murder Two, the civil trial begins. Then after that, that POS eric holder gets to go after him for violating precious snowflake's civil rights. What's left of George Zimmerman's life is ruined.

No good deed goes unpunished. Lesson learned: if your community is going to shit, don't join or form a block watch to try to save your neighborhood. Just move and let the skid marks take over.

No good deed goes unrewarded also. "All evil needs is for good men to do nothing." This country is in the state it is in because too few stand up for what is right. We're too concerned looking out for numero uno. That's one of the easiest ways for evil to rule supreme, divide and conquer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom