• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    how so? I am not able to watch today, but it would seem that the ME report should be pretty "stand alone".

what inferences is the ME making that favor the prosecution?

Didn't do the autopsy or exam on Martin, didn't examine Z, a ME for an otherwise unrelated area but the State's attorney got her the job, she supposedly numerous complaints about her work. Basically going over every pic with an excuse, minor damage, not bruising his head is lumpy, not blood, probably birthmarks, and basically lying with a straight face

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    The Defense is doing a good job of pointing out this doctor can't say anything for sure. She can't say how many bruises he has, how many impacts it would take to generate the bruising.

He's basically done a good job of showing how little she CAN say for sure.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    She is also saying that there is "essentially" no real possible that he was hit mulitple times. The way she is conveying every answer is that nope it wasn't dangerous and he was not hit multiple times even though he "might have".

It is not a unbiased witness

Twanger

DINO and NRA Life
    Mar 4, 2013
    Poolesville
    Love the "Challenge meeting" testimony by Serino!

After GZ gave his initial testimony to the police, they brought him back for a 'challenge meeting' to see if he was telling the truth. They made up a story and see how GZ reacts... so the cops bring GZ back in and tell him that "they have discovered video footage of the events of the evening."

So Serino testifies that GZ's response to this is "Thank God!"

Does that sound like the response of a depraved murderer desperately trying to hide the truth of what happened that night?

To me it sounds like GZ played it straight with the police the whole time, told the truth, and had nothing to hide.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Love the "Challenge meeting" testimony by Serino!

After GZ gave his initial testimony to the police, they brought him back for a 'challenge meeting' to see if he was telling the truth. They made up a story and see how GZ reacts... so the cops bring GZ back in and tell him that "they have discovered video footage of the events of the evening."

So Serino testifies that GZ's response to this is "Thank God!"

Does that sound like the response of a depraved murderer desperately trying to hide the truth of what happened that night?

To me it sounds like GZ played it straight with the police the whole time, told the truth, and had nothing to hide.

Not once has he been evasive or has he ever taken the fifth.

Sent from my smartphone using Tappatalk 2.

Oct 11, 2012
    Didn't do the autopsy or exam on Martin, didn't examine Z, a ME for an otherwise unrelated area but the State's attorney got her the job, she supposedly numerous complaints about her work. Basically going over every pic with an excuse, minor damage, not bruising his head is lumpy, not blood, probably birthmarks, and basically lying with a straight face

She is also saying that there is "essentially" no real possible that he was hit mulitple times. The way she is conveying every answer is that nope it wasn't dangerous and he was not hit multiple times even though he "might have".

It is not a unbiased witness

Are medical examiners real doctors? I mean do they take the hypcratic oath? Are they licensed and all that? If so, folks like this should have their license removed for crap like this.

paxfish

Ultimate Member
    Nov 11, 2008
    Culvert & Points West
    It does seem odd that he had never heard of "Stand Your Ground." Heck, even we Marylanders know roughly what that Florida law means. And he's a CCW holder!

Even so, I'm not sure I understand the relevance other than the fact that he told Hannity differently. They aren't even using a SYG defense here.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It does seem odd that he had never heard of "Stand Your Ground." Heck, even we Marylanders know roughly what that Florida law means. And he's a CCW holder!

Even so, I'm not sure I understand the relevance other than the fact that he told Hannity differently. They aren't even using a SYG defense here.

One way or another, they are trying to show that GZ thought he would have been cleared of wrongdoing if he were to confront and kill TM.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Not once has he been evasive or has he ever taken the fifth.

Sent from my smartphone using Tappatalk 2.

What if GZ HAD lawyered up and not said anything? Everything I've been told about ANY type of criminal investigation ANYONE might encounter suggests that this is what you should do. Can't be accused of changing your story or making false statements (even if unintended) if you zip your lips.

OTOH, it is remarkable that numerous witness statements and physical evidence match his story. It really should have been an open-and-shut case. But, we all know what is afoot. It is truly shameful what the State is doing..

I hope those of you who think the outcome has already been decided are wrong... but part of me is telling me not to hold my breath. Just heard ABC news on the radio saying Zimmerman was apparently not in mortal danger according to testimony today....

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Just heard ABC news on the radio saying Zimmerman was apparently not in mortal danger according to testimony today....

Nothing like Monday morning quarterbacks with an agenda. I guess anyone blessed with CCW needs to carry a doctor around to tell them when they reach that point just before the last breath of life when it's OK to defend yourself. :sad20:

Oct 11, 2012
    What if GZ HAD lawyered up and not said anything? Everything I've been told about ANY type of criminal investigation ANYONE might encounter suggests that this is what you should do. Can't be accused of changing your story or making false statements (even if unintended) if you zip your lips.

OTOH, it is remarkable that numerous witness statements and physical evidence match his story. It really should have been an open-and-shut case. But, we all know what is afoot. It is truly shameful what the State is doing..

I hope those of you who think the outcome has already been decided are wrong... but part of me is telling me not to hold my breath. Just heard ABC news on the radio saying Zimmerman was apparently not in mortal danger according to testimony today....

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

That's the same meme that I'm seeing and hearing the rest of the media spin. "Zimmerman was in no real danger", "His injuries weren't that bad"....

airsporter

Apr 28, 2011
    Western MD
    It was my understanding from what I read that when Zimmerman initially called it in, the police told him to back off and only observe. It sounds to me like he tried to take matters into his own hands, THEN got attacked, and was forced to try to defend himself against a younger, stronger, faster person who was intent on beating the snot out of him.
    /QUOTE]

Call Takers/Dispatchers in that jurisdiction are not police officers. They are civilian employees. So, "the police" never told him anything (it's media misspeak). He was not told to "back off" (more media misspeak) - only that he didn't have to do that.

Why, as a neighborhood watch volunteer, would he not continue to follow and observe? This is a "Salem witch trial" for sure!

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    It was my understanding from what I read that when Zimmerman initially called it in, the police told him to back off and only observe. It sounds to me like he tried to take matters into his own hands, THEN got attacked, and was forced to try to defend himself against a younger, stronger, faster person who was intent on beating the snot out of him.
    /QUOTE]

Call Takers/Dispatchers in that jurisdiction are not police officers. They are civilian employees. So, "the police" never told him anything (it's media misspeak). He was not told to "back off" (more media misspeak) - only that he didn't have to do that.

Why, as a neighborhood watch volunteer, would he not continue to follow and observe? This is a "Salem witch trial" for sure!

Not to mention when the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that" you can clearly hear him stop, then continue the conversation on where he was going to meet the police.

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    We all have the desire to try to figure out what happened and have an opinion -- that's fine and understandable regardless of where you come down.

The problem is the State has to prove through admissable evidence beyond reasonable doubt what happened. There appears to be little hope of that with contradictory testimony and lots of areas of no evidence one way or the other.

I have no idea what actually happened that evening, there are aspects that favor both sides, but the State's case seems really weak.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I can't wait until this trial is over.

It won't be for a while. Once he's found "not guilty" of Murder Two, the civil trial begins. Then after that, that POS eric holder gets to go after him for violating precious snowflake's civil rights. What's left of George Zimmerman's life is ruined.

No good deed goes unpunished. Lesson learned: if your community is going to shit, don't join or form a block watch to try to save your neighborhood. Just move and let the skid marks take over.

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    It won't be for a while. Once he's found "not guilty" of Murder Two, the civil trial begins.
    Not in Florida. You have civil immunity if your homicide is ruled (explicitly or by prosecutorial inaction) to be in lawful self-defense, or if you're acquitted at trial. That's why Crump needed a criminal trial, he'd have no civil case to pursue otherwise.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads

Top Bottom