• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Law of Self Defense

Know the Law
    Dec 17, 2010
    Boston, MA
    While I don't understand the fine points of FL law, who said that Martin was 'the victim' other than the fillings of the DA and prosecutor; especially when his defense team has stated all along that Zimmerman fired in self defense ? Doesn't that also make him a victim ?

As I see it, the problem with bestowing 'victim' status automatically puts the other side in the wrong; especially in the public eye. And Trayvon's parents play to that drama in the courtroom. Either allow both sets of parents there or deny both and put them in separate rooms with closed circuit TV access.

IANAL, so it's JMHO ...

The "victim" label isn't anything personal against Zimmerman. In self-defense cases the person against whom the force was used is ALWAYS referred to as the "victim," even if he was rushing at you with a machete when you shot him. That's just the way the courts do it. You, the person who used force, is the defendant, and you're charged with your criminal use of force (and justifying the use as self-defense). The person you used that force against? The victim.

Andrew
    @LawSelfDefense
    Facebook: Law of Self Defense

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    While I don't understand the fine points of FL law, who said that Martin was 'the victim' other than the fillings of the DA and prosecutor; especially when his defense team has stated all along that Zimmerman fired in self defense ? Doesn't that also make him a victim ?

As I see it, the problem with bestowing 'victim' status automatically puts the other side in the wrong; especially in the public eye. And Trayvon's parents play to that drama in the courtroom. Either allow both sets of parents there or deny both and put them in separate rooms with closed circuit TV access.

IANAL, so it's JMHO ...

Precious snowflake's parents are fully prepared to accept the roll of "indignant victim of a travesty of justice." I think they fully expect Zimmerman to walk; that will be their cue to surround themselves with jesse jackson, al sharpton, louis farrakook, any other racist piece of detritus they can dig up and try to chase down a wrongful death suit.

A. Wayne

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2011

IANAL, so it's JMHO ...
    I don't understand finer points of law myself, just noticed these explanations. I would think that the law is written so that "victims" family (who the alleged crime was committed against) is the party that has the rights to stay in court. Since Martin is not on trial that makes him the victim and his family has the right to stay for full proceedings.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The prosecution is trying to get previous unrelated phone calls zimmerman placed to the authorities.

If the Judge allows this and not treyvon's previous thuggery to be admitted, the case will become a travesty.

YUP! The "Judge" already threw out Zimmerman's request to show Thuggery FaceBook photos.

By allowing Zimmerman's previous phone calls in in an attempt to call into question Zimmerman's character, it opens up the door for Zimmerman to call into question Martin's character.

FaceBook photos anyone???

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    If GZ had his head banged on sidewalk, why was there no blood on sidewalk ? Only bad thing I see against him ATM.

Was it not raining? Where do you get the information that there was no blood? Maybe there wasn't any blood.

Think about this: I've gotten scraped up on the sidewalk as a kid, and while my knees bled I never remember blood stains on the ground. Maybe some VERY small pieces of skin... I get cuts and scrapes all the time. Human flesh is not like a balloon that pops and blood just leaks everywhere... the heart has to pump blood through vessels... until bleeding occurs. It's possible IMO that none of GZ's blood ever made it to the ground, or was in such small quantities that the CSI people didn't find any.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

henn5849

Aug 29, 2009
    Cecil County, MD
    Watching trial on tv. Pictures of GZ's head is beat up and bloody. I would think that there should have been some blood on sidewalk.
    Crime scene investigators found no blood on sidewalk.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Watching trial on tv. Pictures of GZ's head is beat up and bloody. I would think that there should have been some blood on sidewalk.
    Crime scene investigators found no blood on sidewalk.

It was raining and they only did visual checks.

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    True. Ok, they never used spray for blood. Guess they dropped ball on that.
    Why do we care about blood on the sidewalk? Zimmerman's injuries are self-evident in the photographs, so unless somebody is suggesting his injuries were self-inflicted I don't see the point.

henn5849

Aug 29, 2009
    Cecil County, MD
    Why do we care about blood on the sidewalk? Zimmerman's injuries are self-evident in the photographs, so unless somebody is suggesting his injuries were self-inflicted I don't see the point.

I was looking for personal proof his head was beat into the sidewalk as he stated, is all. The point is if his head wasn't beaten into sidewalk, GZ'S lied about that part.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I was looking for personal proof his head was beat into the sidewalk as he stated, is all. The point is if his head wasn't beaten into sidewalk, GZ'S lied about that part.

I don't think he lied.... giving yourself a bloody nose and banging your head on pavement after murdering someone seems like a bridge too far to me...

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

henn5849

Aug 29, 2009
    Cecil County, MD
    I don't think he lied.... giving yourself a bloody nose and banging your head on pavement after murdering someone seems like a bridge too far to me...

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

I'm trying to be impartial and go on evidence only. Sorry. Just asking questions.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The State is almost giving their case away. They've had witnesses that have supported GZ and the current witness' credibility is of concern. She mentioned information that wasn't mentioned previously in depositions and the defense is all over it.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I'm trying to be impartial and go on evidence only. Sorry. Just asking questions.

I ask questions too. If there was blood or no blood, it's important to know. But what's more important is the investigators found nothing. Did they look hard enough? Probably not but it's totally feasible to get a scrape and not leave much or any blood at all on the ground.

So far I think Zimmerman is in the clear. I, personally, have not been convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that he murdered Trayvon. I'm a very skeptical person too... I have paid a lot of attention to this trial.

I couldn't care less about the Casey Anthony trial... but this interests me since I carry firearms for my own protection, and many of my friends and family members come to me with questions about issues like this.

Facts are the only things that matter. Emotion and empathy are part of being human. We all want to judge what is fair and unfair... but justice is serious business. It's sad that Trayvon's parents lost their child, but if it can be proven that he was in fact the one who attacked Zimmerman so savagely that he thought he would die if he didn't shoot Trayvon... that is something everyone calling Zimmerman a murder must swallow.

If the state can't decisively convince the jurors that he commited the crime he's been charged with, he should walk. Then sue the sh!t out of everyone who threw him under the bus for THEIR own personal/business gains...

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Wasn't his nose broken, not just bloody?

You may be right. I need a refresher but I'm sure his injuries will be brought up in trial. I was convinced his injuries (whatever they were) were not self-inflicted as some in the media and elsewhere have suggested.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads