• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    I put in an official request to have one reviewed, the officer said he'd give me an answer the 28th about 5.45 aks and 5.56, since one guy officer said since its not on the list nor does it meet 3 evil features its good, while another officer in the same department mind you, never even heard of this type of rifle. I called the fire arms legal department.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    I put in an official request to have one reviewed, the officer said he'd give me an answer the 28th about 5.45 aks and 5.56, since one guy officer said since its not on the list nor does it meet 3 evil features its good, while another officer in the same department mind you, never even heard of this type of rifle. I called the fire arms legal department.

Yeah my request took around a month. Its a real gray area imo. So stupid.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Damn really?!? Yeah thats great. I paid $735 otd. Check over it well for any canted parts. Century will warranty any issues. My RSB was canted , I took a hammer and tapped it over into place. I'm sure when you pick this rifle up you will be able to tell its a tank. When I compare my M90NP to my cousins Wasr 10/63, he and I both commented on how noticeably heavier, better quality finish, feel my rifle had. If I came across one for $500 i'd buy another lol. The action will get more and more smooth as you rack the slide over time. Mine caught up slightly on the hammer but after as many times as I've racked the slide and oiled, there is no hangup and its very smooth now.

Yep, just threw in a lowball bid and forgot about it honestly. Guess nobody else bid.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Hopefully it's good news for us. Regardless if they say it's not legal it won't be disappointing. I'm just surprised there's not a bunch more rifles that would be up for review

Buy one before its put into a category? If the MSP can't tell you yes or no and a ffl dealer is willing to sell, you buy, a week later gun is classified as illegal to buy, would you or could you get in trouble?

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton

That'd be sweet if 5.45 rifles were legal again.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Buy one before its put into a category? If the MSP can't tell you yes or no and a ffl dealer is willing to sell, you buy, a week later gun is classified as illegal to buy, would you or could you get in trouble?

That's honestly what I was going to do. I'm from Texas so it's legal for me to buy whatever I want using my legal home address here in Texas. And a dealer said he'd sell one to me, but the rest of the forum said don't do it because of the "avtomat klanishicov" catch all.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    That's honestly what I was going to do. I'm from Texas so it's legal for me to buy whatever I want using my legal home address here in Texas. And a dealer said he'd sell one to me, but the rest of the forum said don't do it because of the "avtomat klanishicov" catch all.

Lotta guys on here seem pretty anal on these laws. Lots of fearmongering. If your worried about legal troubles, i'd contact a lawyer rather than asking the guys on here. I'd do it, and wouldn't look back. These laws are ****ing rediculous anyway. Its my second ammendment right. The lawmakers can go to hell.

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Lotta guys on here seem pretty anal on these laws. Lots of fearmongering. If your worried about legal troubles, i'd contact a lawyer rather than asking the guys on here. I'd do it, and wouldn't look back. These laws are ****ing rediculous anyway. Its my second ammendment right. The lawmakers can go to hell.

I might do this. I also respect a lot of guys on here and know they only have the best interests for us fellow gun owners.

That's the reason I take advice, but also why I set the fire arms up for review myself since no one has in the last 4 years.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    I might do this. I also respect a lot of guys on here and know they only have the best interests for us fellow gun owners.

That's the reason I take advice, but also why I set the fire arms up for review myself since no one has in the last 4 years.

I think some of it is over the top. Having a gun reviewed by MSP is pretty easy. Worth it to sleep a little easier at night imo.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    There isnt any logic behind what ak's are banned and what is not. Check the list
    i have checked the list (because i like AKs) and "Avtomat Kalashnikov semiautomatic rifle in any format" is what knocks a lot of them out of contention.

if you don't think that applies, cool; if you find a dealer willing to transfer a 5.45 AK, great; if you "don't care what the lawmakers say" ... well, that's a different argument. just pointing out why the best assumption is "AKs won't be transferred unless otherwise noted."

now an SBR'ed 5.45 AK...

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Well if the company who makes it is Arsenal and these rifles are manufactured in Bulgaria maybe it'll give us a win.
    If the 5.45 is in fact legal I'll be buying one the day I get the email stating it's good, if not I'll just continue as normal

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Well if the company who makes it is Arsenal and these rifles are manufactured in Bulgaria maybe it'll give us a win.
    If the 5.45 is in fact legal I'll be buying one the day I get the email stating it's good, if not I'll just continue as normal

Plead your case well in the review. Thats what I did. Didn't go all out, but I listed a few in depth reasons as to why its not a copycat, scary weapon, etc

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    /--Magazine and Part compatibility update--/

Okay Industries 30rd Mags drop freely-haven't range tested

Magpul Gen1/Pre patent 30rd non windowed magazines cycle and feed fine. No issues at range. Do not drop freely.

Magpul Gen 2/3 Windowed Pmag 30rd work great, will start to drop more free after regular use. Cycle and feed fine.

Gen1 Hex Mag 30rd work great, cycle and feed fine, hold bolt open on empty, no issues

--Parts--
    UTG Pro Quad rail fits pretty well, slight cant, may require modification to have a level and perfect fit. Doesn't add much weight to the rifle, keeps it fairly balanced. Doesn't heat up much at range. Will perform more in depth tests later on. Quality and finish are superb, feels very high quality.

Magpul Zhukov S Stock (Yugo version) fits great, funtions well, doesnt weigh much more than factory, good buy for this rifle.

I'd like to get a compilation together of what does and does not work on this rifle. Feel free to add to it so we can help out the new owners.

40a8b4a685681928dc10a4dc4fc7b7b8.jpg

Current setup

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    i mean, i'll be relentlessly negative and say i don't know why Arsenal and/or Bulgaria would make a different but if they sign off on it... i imagine you'll see a lot more sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom