• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    i mean, i'll be relentlessly negative and say i don't know why Arsenal and/or Bulgaria would make a different but if they sign off on it... i imagine you'll see a lot more sold.

If they sign off on it and say its good to go ill be expecting a few rounds of 5.45 from you :innocent0:D

-Merry Christmas!

Doitsouthstyle

Apr 4, 2012
    Baltimore County
    The recoil depends on the gas setting. Gas setting 2 almost feels like a 7.62 ak but maybe my memories just off. I hear setting 1 is like a .22. Haven't used setting 3 but i've heard thats the harshest setting on the gun.

Make sure to see the gun in person first! I would avoid buying online unless you want to have your gun sent back to century for repairs. Look at the gas block adjustment rivets. The rivets on the receiver. Check the sights for any cant, barrel, gas block. Open it up and check the internals, see how well it slides. Really give it a thorough look through for quality issues. Century is great about fixing any problems, and its free, but the guns gone for a month and half or so.

I'd reccomend it. I love mine so far. Its fairly accurate as well. Tell her its a gun that would be banned if Hillary got in. Reassure her with a "Itz good" in a thick russian accent.

Thought the mags would make the pictures better lol both guns feel great and camber dummy rounds perfectly. Unfortunately given work schedule both are brand new unfired still. Sights look fine a lot to say after both are fired tho. Rivets are tight and gas block on 90 was pre set on 3 will need to determine if it needs to be adjusted. Will touch up more tomorrow on them.

This past Monday took a few guns to the range including the M90NP and haven forgotten about the adjustable gas block I can verify that setting 3 is very harsh and hard hitting even for .223 Tula ammo. A lot of that also had to do with the stock and having a hard time getting a good sight picture. Considering changing my stock to a CSS SKELETON STOCK 9" SOLID BILLET. Which some guys say really help with getting a good sight picture over the "stock" stock. Also going to turn it down to gas setting 2 to see if that helps with the cheek beating it gives in number 3. How's yours been shooting?

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    No issues with shooting. Just trying to figure out when I'll send it back for the rear sight block. Picked up a magpul grip to help with the weight up front
    ec8b18b348f733265112edec38607cc5.jpg

Zhukov stock looks a lot better with those cheek risers. Its ashame they didn't make it like the scar stock and have an adjustable elevating riser built in.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I didn't know such a thing existed until last thursday, when I walked into my LGS looking for .303 Brit ammo and walked out with one of these rifles :shrug:

Friday, my father came over to go to the range and liked my rifle so much we made a detour so he could buy one too.:D

I have one little problem...I can't shoot the damned thing.:o In order to see the sights, I have to cram my face so far down on the stock that it presses right on my cheekbone. I tried shooting it like that...and had to stop. Hitting my face like that was going to give me a bruise and a flinch :sad20: I went back to the Enfield for a softer shooting experience.:rolleyes:

I see the Magpul Zhukov stocks are very popular. Do they offer a lower comb height than the stock stock?

Has anyone tried putting wood stocks on these? I'm assuming Yugo wood would fit? Ultimately, I'd prefer wood furniture all around...and I could carve down the comb as needed.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Magpul Zhukov stock is lower, you can always buy a cheek riser if the height is too low. Also seems to have reduced recoil for me. Yugo parts fit the M90NP. Make sure the magpul zhukov stock is the yugo version or it will not fit. Gas setting 2 seems to be the best/most comfortable setting. Setting 1 is sometimes not strong enough, 3 can be very overpowered, 2 is average/in the middle

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Well I'm glad nobody told me to just man up and take it :D I guess that means you guys have felt it too...and/or no one else is looking at this thread.

My gas setting was on 2, my father's was on 3. I guess his face is different or he is just tougher than I am. While he commented that, "It sure does give you a whack," he was willing to keep shooting. I should have made him shoot my rifle so I could compare the ejection. His empties where slamming into the underside of the AGC roof and then screaming back down to the ground. I'll have to get around to taking a pic of one that has the mouth smashed almost a third closed, a dent in the shoulder, and ceiling paint on the rim. I think his rifle is a little overgassed. He said that some, but not all of my empties where hitting the ceiling. I might try going to 1, but I really think my issue is more of ergonomics than recoil. Taking recoil out of the equation...just looking at the sights, I can't find a comfortable or natural feeling position where I still get a good sight picture.

It is really really tempting to order the Zhukov stock. I could probably have it on and at the range this weekend...but I'm trying to stay the course. As frustrating as it is to have a rifle I can't shoot, I do really want to put it in wood furniture. The Zhukov would be a temporary stopgap measure...and $100+ that could be more effectively spent...although it would be kinda nice...

For someone who has no real AK experience, is there a way to identify Yugo furniture? If I find a pile of AK stocks to root through at the York gun show, can I tell which will work by looking/measuring something, or do I have to rely on the vendor telling me what they'll fit? It's not just the buttstock, right? The handguards are different too?

Thanks.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Well I'm glad nobody told me to just man up and take it :D I guess that means you guys have felt it too...and/or no one else is looking at this thread.

My gas setting was on 2, my father's was on 3. I guess his face is different or he is just tougher than I am. While he commented that, "It sure does give you a whack," he was willing to keep shooting. I should have made him shoot my rifle so I could compare the ejection. His empties where slamming into the underside of the AGC roof and then screaming back down to the ground. I'll have to get around to taking a pic of one that has the mouth smashed almost a third closed, a dent in the shoulder, and ceiling paint on the rim. I think his rifle is a little overgassed. He said that some, but not all of my empties where hitting the ceiling. I might try going to 1, but I really think my issue is more of ergonomics than recoil. Taking recoil out of the equation...just looking at the sights, I can't find a comfortable or natural feeling position where I still get a good sight picture.

It is really really tempting to order the Zhukov stock. I could probably have it on and at the range this weekend...but I'm trying to stay the course. As frustrating as it is to have a rifle I can't shoot, I do really want to put it in wood furniture. The Zhukov would be a temporary stopgap measure...and $100+ that could be more effectively spent...although it would be kinda nice...

For someone who has no real AK experience, is there a way to identify Yugo furniture? If I find a pile of AK stocks to root through at the York gun show, can I tell which will work by looking/measuring something, or do I have to rely on the vendor telling me what they'll fit? It's not just the buttstock, right? The handguards are different too?

Thanks.

The ejection is hilarious. I had casings going 20 yards to my right. I felt bad cause they were landing on peoples stations or smacking the ceiling. The century stock that came on the M90NP isn't like a regular ak stock. The shape is different and thats what gives people the nicknamed "O-Pap Slap" (Zastava makes an O-Pap rifle as well).

Tell tale signs and differences between yugo and most ak stocks/furniture.

Stock. The yugo has one long bolt running through the stock and into the rear of the receiver. The insert that fits into the rear of the recevier is very small compared to regular ak stocks.
    3027ec3c38bad32a8431caa559511c5a.jpg

Regular ak stocks have a cutout on the top of the stock and the insert is longer. Multiple screw holts are seen.
    80591219bc79434fcd1dfae38774e90e.jpg

I don't know much about hand guard fitment. I went with a quad rail. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Moose, that is a great description, thank you!:party29:

As to the ejection...yeah...I'm pretty sure my mini-14 lands them further away, but if there was no roof to stop them, I think the Zastava empties would cover more distance...just vertically.

At one point, I thought I was safe standing about ten feet behind and one step to the right of my father. I had a handful of brass that I had already picked up and was holding that hand palm up like a cup about at my belly button. When he shot, the empty hit the roof and then came down right into my hand. It hit pretty hard, but I was thinking, "whoa, how cool was that?!?!" for about a millisecond. Then I thought, "oh, crap! That thing is hot!":o

It was kind of funny with the brass. The mini-14 was sending them latterally about 10 lanes over...the Zastava's were flinging them everywhere...and my Windham HBAR left a neat little pile that would have fit on a paper plate just a couple feet away.:D

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Moose, that is a great description, thank you!:party29:

As to the ejection...yeah...I'm pretty sure my mini-14 lands them further away, but if there was no roof to stop them, I think the Zastava empties would cover more distance...just vertically.

At one point, I thought I was safe standing about ten feet behind and one step to the right of my father. I had a handful of brass that I had already picked up and was holding that hand palm up like a cup about at my belly button. When he shot, the empty hit the roof and then came down right into my hand. It hit pretty hard, but I was thinking, "whoa, how cool was that?!?!" for about a millisecond. Then I thought, "oh, crap! That thing is hot!":o

It was kind of funny with the brass. The mini-14 was sending them latterally about 10 lanes over...the Zastava's were flinging them everywhere...and my Windham HBAR left a neat little pile that would have fit on a paper plate just a couple feet away.:D

No problem. Anything I can do to help, info on these rifles is limited.

The ejection sure is violent. They go everywhere. Its so unpredictable lol

I think if we had a gas setting "4" Zastava would be the first gun company to put an empty casing into orbit around the earth.

BUZZ1968

Feb 9, 2014
    Hey all, not sure if i'm dropping this in the right section. I've researched a bit online and here's what I know. Some have had issues with the sights not being properly aligned, and something with a gas mechanical part (forgot the name). People who have had these rifles say one these issues were fixed, the rifle was great. I could only find about 4 people online who had this issue. Others who have the rifle say its great and they haven't had any issues. This M90NP is cheaper than the Windham WW-15 I was originally planning on getting. So, has anyone had any experiences with the gun? Thoughts?

Background since no one seems to know the gun
    -Built in Serbia
    -Imported by Century Arms
    -Currently suspended/discontinued
    -rare, hard to come accross anywhere
    -fires 5.56 and accepts m4/ar15 magazines
    -seems to be very durable and holds up well
    -basically a AK-47 that

BUZZ1968

Feb 9, 2014
    I'm familiar with it. Don't own one, but they have favorable reviews. I would have assumed it was banned in MD. Curious, what makes you think it's not?
    The M90 npap is an outstanding 5.56 AK and if you were lucky enough to purchase on and now in 2023! You are high on the hog; others wish they would have seen the foresight and made the purchase.....IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom