• SKS1.jpg
      SKS1.jpg
      60.5 KB · Views: 203

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Yep, just came today. Paid 10 dollar hand select and asked for darker wood

Crap! I ordered last night, saw that you were able request the darker wood, and just got off the phone with them ... mine was already boxed for the truck.

Oh, well. So long as it's a nice one, and SOG seems to actually take Hand Select seriously.

I passed on these over the years because there was always something that I wanted more. I think that it was the paperwork with this lot that really got to me. It's all about the history of the guns with me, and what better documentation can you have than that? (And troop tags ... and trench art with names and dates ... and ... and ....)

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Crap! I ordered last night, saw that you were able request the darker wood, and just got off the phone with them ... mine was already boxed for the truck.

Oh, well. So long as it's a nice one, and SOG seems to actually take Hand Select seriously.

I passed on these over the years because there was always something that I wanted more. I think that it was the paperwork with this lot that really got to me. It's all about the history of the guns with me, and what better documentation can you have than that? (And troop tags ... and trench art with names and dates ... and ... and ....)

I hesitated and said I wasn't going to get another one, but I couldn't resist.

After I ordered mine, I found out about Dan's having M59's and kind of wished I had ordered one of those instead....until I saw mine!

I've made most of my C&R purchases through SOG and they have only let me down once, and it was a cracked/chunk missing on a M48A handguard, and one number difference on the floorplate when I paid for hand select and numbers matching. They refunded the numbers matching, but wouldn't budge on the hand select (they really should have seen the missing chunk)

I now believe the armorer picked up a "3" instead of an "8" when he punched the floorplate, or the other way around, I forget.

Other than that, I have always believed that they took the time to actually select them, and any time I have made a specific request, they have honored it (such as the stock on this, and the reinforcement on a Walther P1 for example)

Hope yours turns out nice, although I have yet to see one that isn't out of this batch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom