• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Angelina's? Kind of like a fake 3 Brothers.

Ah, the memories...our first born worked there. Her assignment? Rolling meatballs. We always thought the food was good and portions generous.

Another pizza place was the Italian Delight located in Free State Mall. Bowie High students used to invade the place during lunch hour until things go out of hand and principal John Hagan put the kibosh to the practice.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    So, I'm the second owner for my house. Estate sale as I'm pretty sure she died in the house (they asked if I wanted to know at closing, I declined).

My neighbors immediately to my right are original owners who actually knew the couple that originally purchased my house. All I hear from folks about how special it was, are due to the cheapness of the Levitt guy lol.

People wise, I think I'm just in a good area of Belair Rd. I'm not one for keeping up with the Jones' but darn it if I don't keep my house looking good. I'm not white but responsible comes in every color :)

The "Changes" I was referring to aren't based on race. Most of my friends and family who are also from PG County have moved to Calvert, AA and Charles. I have lots of family who moved south...Carolinas to Florida. I get the same story from almost all of them (Who BTW are 50+ now). The current first time buyers expect 3000 sq foot homes to go with their 60K cars, no thought starting off in a basic home and moving up as funds allow, they feel they DESERVE it all NOW. So that takes your basic 3 Bed/ 2 Bath and make them starter homes or rentals (Or Even Section 8). This leads to the decline of what were solid Middle Class communities in too many cases. About 10 years ago when they started developing the Turf Farm in Bowie, and they were priced around 800K, the New York Times did an article on this "Premier Community". A person was cited as saying the old Levitt homes would fit in his basement. A few years later the bubble burst, and lots of people who bought these homes just walked away from their financial commitment because it no longer suited them, us folks in Levitt Style homes kept paying our bills and our Taxes...so the government could bail out the others.
    So you see the thing that was Special about Bowie years ago was the integrity and work ethic of its residents, not the quality or size of the homes. While there are some of those people still around in Bowie and all over the country, they are being replaced by the entitled generation...I guess this is a side effect of our own success.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Ah, the memories...our first born worked there. Her assignment? Rolling meatballs. We always thought the food was good and portions generous.

Another pizza place was the Italian Delight located in Free State Mall. Bowie High students used to invade the place during lunch hour until things go out of hand and principal John Hagan put the kibosh to the practice.
    When did she work there? might have know my friend (graduate of bowie high).

Their pizza was good..

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State

Italian Delight, made a good pie ! John Hagan, another great name from the past, he was one of the PA Gang I believe, Good man.

TNTBMXer

Apr 12, 2010
    Happy Italian Delight was the name. Mr. Chicken was awesome. We used to pool our spare change to buy their fries. And you can't forget Metro video.

randyho

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2009
    Not His Happy Place
    Home of the original Belair Boards

The demo is almost done. And it is, for someone who spent a LOT of time there, kinda jarring.

Anyone remember the name of the original security guard who walked the shopping center?

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Another oldie/goodie:

View attachment 151719

The shopping center with Irving's Sports, McCrory's and Peebles is now leveled, but the Bowie turtle lives on at Allen's Pond.

Marty's Cards, we hardly knew ye.

The turtle at Allen Pond is not the same one .

Attachments

• index.jpg
      index.jpg
      9.4 KB · Views: 158

Straightbolt

Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Found a couple original pics of the turtle from the early 70's

Attachments

• 11062067_928791837144197_1549436240864182343_o.jpg
      11062067_928791837144197_1549436240864182343_o.jpg
      81.5 KB · Views: 155
    • 11233808_928791927144188_2579579076083816744_o.jpg
      11233808_928791927144188_2579579076083816744_o.jpg
      79.1 KB · Views: 154

Laddertowr

trigger puller
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 3, 2013
    Bill rumor has it that Bowie PD is about to pick up several Baltimore city officers... Some already work part time at Bowie U.

Straightbolt

Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    Not surprised to see officers transferring out of the Baltimore PD. In the late 80's there were open air drug markets in Old Bowie and at least one "consignment store" that was fencing stolen merchandise from local burglaries. That end of town has historically been the crime and drug center of town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom