• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    What do DE residents have to do to get a Carry permit? I thought it was a few classes you have to satisfy?

It's the time for the classes, and the cost, as well as, cost of the permit app., the newspaper ad for 30 days... Several months and roughly $500 when the smoke clears, or so 2 friends, who are currently going through it, tell me. Plus, as I understand it, any ONE person see the ad in the newspaper and calls and contests your application, and you can wait for ........................

My PA friend went down, filled out his paperwork, and got his permit within days.

I spent 2 years, three appeals, NEVER got a MD permit. Applied for a FL permit, and 32 days later, received it in the mail, and I carry in DE.

My DE buddies are STILL waiting.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    It's the time for the classes, and the cost, as well as, cost of the permit app., the newspaper ad for 30 days... Several months and roughly $500 when the smoke clears, or so 2 friends, who are currently going through it, tell me. Plus, as I understand it, any ONE person see the ad in the newspaper and calls and contests your application, and you can wait for ........................

My PA friend went down, filled out his paperwork, and got his permit within days.

I spent 2 years, three appeals, NEVER got a MD permit. Applied for a FL permit, and 32 days later, received it in the mail, and I carry in DE.

My DE buddies are STILL waiting.

With the new system in PA, it's actually minutes (as of this past spring).

IjustCantAim

Jan 20, 2010
    Seriously??? An ad in the newspaper???

You will also need 5 (i think) references from your county. Its a pain. You can open carry without a permit. Except in dover if you dont have a permit. www.deloc.org If you go to the website there is a tab at the top CCDW process. All the info you need.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    LOL Wow, learn something new everyday

I had no idea they printed up your name in a DE newspaper when you apply for a concealed carry permit. That sounds like some 1960s stuff there.

querty

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2011
    I've read that in WV your concealed carry permit is public record... Name, Address, SS#, DOB, ...

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    With the new system in PA, it's actually minutes (as of this past spring).

I thought he said that he "walked out with it", but I wasn't sure, but I know it didn't even take a week.

Seriously??? An ad in the newspaper???

Yes, an ad in the newspaper, for 30 days.

Yep, an ad in the newspaper. I think it goes in the same section as the legal announcements.

Yes, in the legal announcements, and the newspaper has to have a certain sized circulation. In other words, you can't run the ad in the Hokie Pokie Gazette, it has to run in a paper like The Wilmington News Journal.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Waiting patiently for the OP's update.

Not saying this is the case, but I've PM'ed and exchanged emails with people on this forum that come across as fairly legitimate, only to later discover, not a genuine person. I'm suspecting it's the same person or maybe a few that repeatedly create these false personas, rack up enough posts to appear legitimate, then ask some inflammatory/legal question. Why would people do this, I dont know, maybe fishing, maybe a minor, maybe antis looking to discredit legitimate gun owners that seek to exercise their right to own and carry a firearm for self defense.

I want to believe the OP, I want most of you to be able to legally carry because it makes the rest of society safer when criminals know a lot of honest people are carrying and are willing to defend themselves against criminal violence.

I'm easy to find, Ive met dozens of you in person, count several of you now as friends. I am just a little skeptical of a magic formula, and very cautious of anything I hear online, especially if I've never met that person.

Having said that, let's hope he's right/legit, and his attorney has broken the code. :)

backnblack

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2009
    He proceedes to tell me that he didn't apply as a business owner. Purely personal protection. Before he applied he consulted a lawyer, and he advised him on what he (the lawyer) thought would be the best way to go about it (and the best way to setup for a lawsuit once denied.) So the lawyer and him consulted the FBI, pulled stats, and sent in a 2 inch thick stack of news stories and crime stats for MD for the past month along with his application. In the section that asked "Why do you want a permit?" He put down "It's my 2nd ammendment right." Within a week he was called for an interview, and they called his wife. 5 months later his UNRESTRICTED permit came in the mail.

I'll throw this out there...
    anim_bs2.gif

Prove me wrong OP...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'll throw this out there...
    anim_bs2.gif

Prove me wrong OP...

I'm going with that. The Trooper who did my interview was very 2A friendly. He really couldn't have been more helpful while acting in the confines of what Maryland dictates. He said "self-defense" and "My 2A right" will get denied faster than a speeding bullet.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I thought he said that he "walked out with it", but I wasn't sure, but I know it didn't even take a week.

Yep only took me 15 minutes to get a PA LCTF, that included the time for me to prove to the sheriff I maintained a primary residence in PA.

RangerWillrett

Jun 20, 2011
    Mineral Co WV
    I wish my job would allow me to carry. I fix atms and often have to go into banks after hours. They also changed the policy for having armed guards in my area considering a low threat area plus it takes longer to get a guard then run the call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom