• ...and so much more!
  • Spyderdiver

Dec 27, 2009
    Bel Air
    I was going to have my team bring
    300 shotgun
    400 rifle
    400 pistol

Those numbers are for the whole team so divide them by 3 men.....I would think this should be plenty based off the COF can always take it home with you but would suck to come up short.... If anyone thinks my numbers are too low let me know please lol.... I figured up approx 85 rnds of shotgun, 130+ rifle and 115 pistol if shot perfectly.... Never know when u may have to reshoot a stage or something

Thanks this is good to know for a 3gun newb. Any recomendations on good ammo selections: Velocity, weight, caliber?

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Thanks this is good to know for a 3gun newb. Any recomendations on good ammo selections: Velocity, weight, caliber?

#6 shot (No Steel) is the lowest you can go, most just use #7.5 or #8's, not sure if slugs will be needed. 55 grain .223 (No Steel Core, Penetrators, AP) will work you shouldn't need anything heavier than that unless your shooting a Heavy class. 9mm is the minimum for handgun, your choice as to what grain you want, 115 grain 9mm is common in most stores but it's up to you. I would bring a total of 300 rifle, 200 shotgun, 300 handgun to be safe for your team. The match director has the stages listed, any paper will be a minimum of two rounds unless you shoot "A" zones, clays will require only one round, steel only one round with a good hit, sometimes more depending on the location of your shot (I watched a guy have good hits on a Popper and it didn't fall). Hope this helps, if you need any other help just ask someone will answer.

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    50bmg - I have 2 guys. PM or email me if you want to be their third, or let me know if someone has picked you up already.

jason.krywicki - There will be no tannerite for this match. Sorry.

kdowning18 and jackson923 - It's better to have too much ammo than not enough. I can always take it home. And I can take your spare ammo home with me also if need be. I'll pack 150 shot, 200 rifle, and 200 pistol. In reality this is not a huge round count match, but I always take too much. I knew last weekend I would be required to shoot 40 pistol (and did shoot 43) and took 250. I knew I would be required to shoot 40 shot (and did shoot 40) and I took 150. I knew I would need 40 rifle (and shot maybe 42 or 43) and I took a box of 375 and a half. I don't even think it hurt my gas mileage to take what was left over home.

Kjdowning18

Oct 23, 2012
    Red Lion, PA
    50bmg - I have 2 guys. PM or email me if you want to be their third, or let me know if someone has picked you up already.

jason.krywicki - There will be no tannerite for this match. Sorry.

kdowning18 and jackson923 - It's better to have too much ammo than not enough. I can always take it home. And I can take your spare ammo home with me also if need be. I'll pack 150 shot, 200 rifle, and 200 pistol. In reality this is not a huge round count match, but I always take too much. I knew last weekend I would be required to shoot 40 pistol (and did shoot 43) and took 250. I knew I would be required to shoot 40 shot (and did shoot 40) and I took 150. I knew I would need 40 rifle (and shot maybe 42 or 43) and I took a box of 375 and a half. I don't even think it hurt my gas mileage to take what was left over home.

And the god father of 3m3g has spoken!

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    We may be looking for a third team member. One of our team has gone on radio silence.

If you are interested in joining us drop me a pm.

Corey G

Worst Speller Ever
    Jan 24, 2009
    New Oxford PA
    We may be looking for a third team member. One of our team has gone on radio silence.

If you are interested in joining us drop me a pm.

If no one speaks up I can fill in, shot all the 3 man 3 gun at york since they started was holding off cuase the wife is due a week later but if I am needed how can I say no. :)

RDF5186

Feb 26, 2012
    HARFORD CO
    I know times are tight lately with finding ammo and such so I would like to offer to any member who wants to attend this event and is having some ammo issues to PM me and I will be willing to try and help. Specifically 12 gauge

RDF5186

Feb 26, 2012
    HARFORD CO
    I have some 9mm as well. This is a great time at a great place. This will be my 3rd time and Howard and the other members do a awesome job organizing this event. Not sure if I can support someone completely with the round count but I can and will help if that is the deciding factor. Just hit me up and we can work it out. First come first serve. See you on the 14th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom