• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    anyone have the exact address for this handy? I know appalachian is running it but couldnt find the address on their website.

York Fairgrounds (Toyota Arena)

334 Carlisle Ave
    York, PA 17404

Open to The Public
    Saturday 9am to 5pm
    Sunday 9am to 3pm
    Admission is $7.00 for anyone 12 and up
    Parking is Free

I hope to be standing in line by about 8am. Not sure where the NRA booth will be, sometimes they set up early, so you simply walk over at 8am, sign up for a year, get your ticket, head over to Dunkin D's for breakfast, come back about 5 minutes before 9, and as soon as they open the doors, you walk right in.

York is normally not that buisy, and much easier to get into and around than Timonium, Harrisburg and Chantilly, but after seeing the line wrapped all the way around the building last friday in Chantilly, I have no idea what to expect, I have been looking for an M1A, and I have saved enough that it will fit in my budget. Last week in Chantilly, I saw 2 in the whole show, a fake "supermatch" homebuild for $4500, and a used loaded model that was already sold. Hopefully I can fid one in time to bring it to the frostbite shoot, if I strike out here, I will have to get one off of gunbroker, or wait a few months for things to settle down.

Also keep in mind this is not the "BIG" York show, that is May 1,2,3. That is the show that used to be held in Harrisburg, 1200 tables with a whole lot of NFA stuff. The last big one held in Harrisburg about a year and a half ago had a UPS table, where out of staters could buy handguns and "regulated" stuff, the dealer would call a shop in that persons state to arrange the transfer, and walk the purchase over to the UPS booth to have it shipped right then and there. That show IMO is bigger and better than the Chantilly show. I saw a lot of people buy an AR, take the 30rd mags with them, and ship the rifle sans mags back to MD or where ever.

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    thanks for the address.

I'm trying to get their mid-day when the lines will be less but hopefully the good stuff won't be sold out. I'll keep my eyes open for an M1A on the internet sites I frequent for ya.

capTIM

Carroll County Drunkard
    Apr 30, 2008
    Sykesville
    Anything good up there? Is it worth my drive up there just to browse around? I can't buy anything this time. What have some of you brought back?

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    I went up there this morning with my friend who lives in York. It was decent, and they still had $19.00 PMAGs. Some interesting deals, though. I saw a SPAS-12 for $1,300 and then on the other side of the show, one for $2,000. Shopping around would definitely help.

By the way, I saw what looked like a single action Sig P220 with the 5" barrel slide. I don't see that in the Sig online catalog, and wonder if anyone knows what model that is. It was had a stainless colored slide with black frame and black grips.

Never mind, it was a P220 match. By the way, it was $700.

After action report -

The redhead and I took the sled up and arrived at 1030. No line to get in - which was great. Unfortunately, the crush of humanity was inside already. I must say there are some fugly, stinky, sweaty, stupid, eating EVERYTHING in the house people in Pennsyltucky. Good grief! It was hard to move in there. Once we fought our way through to see Jennie & Dennis Todd - things started improving. Windowed p-mags for $20, HK416 mags for $48, beta mags for $285, colt mp tested bcg's for $200 (yes, I know its a little high - but it was brand new in the grease and a M16 at that), the very last chrome moly 14.5" 1/7 chrome lined MP tested M4 barrel with FSB for $275, and CMI 25rd M1A mags for $36.

So the redhead and i fought our way back out and buzzed back in the S2k and were in the magic workshop by 1315.

Got what I needed, but it was a bloody nightmare in there.

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Got in the 500' long line at 9am and shivered in the 24 degree wind chill. But, got there early enough to start at the other end of the show and work my way towards the mob. Made one pass to identify the deals. Tried making another pass and found most of the deals I wanted. Ended up with some plastic boxes to hold my bulk 30-06 Garand ammo and a couple 30 rd AR mags. My intention was to make a deal on a M1 Carbine and thought about walking out with one but changed my mind. Maybe there might be one in excellent shape for less money in Harrisburg on Mar 21/22.

This show had something for everyone, tho. Just too bad they didn't have a bigger building. Rows were wide enough to fit 4 people wide when they were facing sideways. Made it hard to move around.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Not a bad show but, as mentioned, crowded. I got a few 30 round AK mags for 15.00/ea.in new condition. Not much in the way of ammo. They had a lot of .223 but it was all high dollar9to me). Lots of AR parts and mags. Lots of M1 Garands and lots of M1 carbines. Saw a few $300.00 SKS's Good bores but rough wood. They need a bigger building. I got there around noon and walked right in(to the crowd). It pays to shop around at this one.

*Edit/ Add....I also saw 4-5 Hi-Point 9mm carbines. Most of them were $209.00. Lots of GSG-5 stuff there too.

Last edited:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I was in line by 0830, and waited for the doors to open in the comfort of the heated lobby, good thing I got there when I did, 5 minutes after I got in line, the rest of everyone had to stand outside. I was one of the first 20 or so people in there, and basically ran around to find an M1A, bought a black on black loaded model, a pair of 20rd GI mags for $22ea, a pair of P-mags for $17ea, a case of Win 308 and a box of tracers. I was out of there by 1000, right when the place started to get really crowded. Then I ran by Giant and brought home some roses for the lil woman, small price to pay not to get scrutinized for buying "another" gun:D

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I didnt get there till noon with the father in law. What a fantastic show. I got some nice magpul pmags for $18 and $19, bought them at 2 different dealers. Too bad all the windowed ones were gone at $19 when I got there. I picked up some other stuff that I couldnt believe I was able to walk out with today. :party29:Man living in MD sucks, maybe those bill's next week can get passed and we can get some better laws like PA. That show rocks and I cant wait for the Harrisburg show.

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    I was in line by 0830, and waited for the doors to open in the comfort of the heated lobby, good thing I got there when I did, 5 minutes after I got in line, the rest of everyone had to stand outside. I was one of the first 20 or so people in there, and basically ran around to find an M1A, bought a black on black loaded model, a pair of 20rd GI mags for $22ea, a pair of P-mags for $17ea, a case of Win 308 and a box of tracers. I was out of there by 1000, right when the place started to get really crowded. Then I ran by Giant and brought home some roses for the lil woman, small price to pay not to get scrutinized for buying "another" gun:D

Dude, you had to be like right next to me, i was 1 from the door, in fact the ******* that came behind me stood in the doorway, with it open. I was the guy with the black peacoat on right by the back door in the lobby.

I didnt get there till noon with the father in law. What a fantastic show. I got some nice magpul pmags for $18 and $19, bought them at 2 different dealers. Too bad all the windowed ones were gone at $19 when I got there. I picked up some other stuff that I couldnt believe I was able to walk out with today. :party29:Man living in MD sucks, maybe those bill's next week can get passed and we can get some better laws like PA. That show rocks and I cant wait for the Harrisburg show.

The show was "OK" i mean honestly if Dan cant get it or doesnt have it, i'll just go online. These places get less and less worth it the more i go. I think this is my last show for a while. There are no deals at these places.

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    It is a good show. Not much in the way of ammo but lots of mags, including 40's which aren't usually in abundance there. I picked up some M44's too. Lots of ninja AR's and accessories for those looking for them. I looked at a M11 with full stock and barrell extension but the lady said no sales to MD residents. Packed nuts to butts so be prepared for nose insults.

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    Hopefully I can head out there tomorrow if I dont have any baby duty. I would love to get me some PMags if they have any or some more 6.8 mags.

Rhino

Dec 6, 2008
    Mount Airy
    Got there late-morning, no real wait to get in, but packed inside and yes the hygiene at this show was even more questionable than chantilly last week. :toothless Combine that with tables only 5 feet apart and it was just a little too close for comfort. Went there mainly to pick up some reloading supplies and wanted some DPMS 308 mags, I bought the only 5 I saw at chantilly last week but didn't come across any today. Then I came across the beta cmags and pulled the trigger on a couple of clear back for the ar's.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Dude, you had to be like right next to me, i was 1 from the door, in fact the ******* that came behind me stood in the doorway, with it open. I was the guy with the black peacoat on right by the back door in the lobby.QUOTE]

no s#!t, I was right next to the propped open door also, wearing a big black Carhardt jacket, must have been standing right in front of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom