• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I think that's the first proposed law that I have read and understood fully. I'm assuming that Alabama has no laws that infringe on the right.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    I think that's the first proposed law that I have read and understood fully. I'm assuming that Alabama has no laws that infringe on the right.

This answers it better than I can:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Alabama

There is a bill pending that does away with the need for a CCW when carrying in a vehicle as OC is legal without a permit. CCW is shall issue with just a NICS check required, it takes more time to fill out the form than for the check to be run. If you have a CCW then no NICS check for firearms purchase is required, just show your card. Don't ask me why gun canes are banned but that's the only thing banned. Most sheriffs here and the commander of the ALNG have some rather interesting views on how to prevent any further Federal infringements; let's just say they channel Captain Parker quite well.

dplay

Mar 27, 2016
    A.A. co. north
    Oh, the STATE OF ALABAMA! Like I needed another reason to love the rock group.
    I was stationed at Ft. Rucker AL. for a short time. Didn't like it. I believe the gnat is the state bird.
    Now, 48 yrs. later, I have deep respect and love for the state.

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    This answers it better than I can:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Alabama

There is a bill pending that does away with the need for a CCW when carrying in a vehicle as OC is legal without a permit. CCW is shall issue with just a NICS check required, it takes more time to fill out the form than for the check to be run. If you have a CCW then no NICS check for firearms purchase is required, just show your card. Don't ask me why gun canes are banned but that's the only thing banned. Most sheriffs here and the commander of the ALNG have some rather interesting views on how to prevent any further Federal infringements; let's just say they channel Captain Parker quite well.

:thumbsup: Amen for Alabama.

What I don't understand is why they are working on passing this symbolic law, if they aren't already a constitutional carry state. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great...but they need constitutional carry. I'd like to see "shall issue" become the old may issue. Permits for CCW should just be an optional thing.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    :thumbsup: Amen for Alabama.

What I don't understand is why they are working on passing this symbolic law, if they aren't already a constitutional carry state. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great...but they need constitutional carry. I'd like to see "shall issue" become the old may issue. Permits for CCW should just be an optional thing.

They have been going in the good direction incrementally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom