• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    After shooting boundless's g26 down at MSAR for Dottrio Day I was hooked.

Just bought a g26 this morning from Lou45

yeee haw

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Probably the best CCW weapon out there IMHO. I won't own one and it was originally because I hate it without the pink extension (easy fix) and now it's just me being stubborn but I did just buy the exact same thing only a G33 and not a 26!

Sometimes as a species we are dumb......I'm living proof.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Probably the best CCW weapon out there IMHO. I won't own one and it was originally because I hate it without the pink extension (easy fix) and now it's just me being stubborn but I did just buy the exact same thing only a G33 and not a 26!

Sometimes as a species we are dumb......I'm living proof.

It absolutely is the best CCW gun. I fired about 6 different ccw guns and this one shoots amazing. No recoil, shoots like a glock and even though its smaller it doesnt feel like you have to compromise. Currently I carry a keltec pf9. The double stack is a bit wider, but not really a biggie for IWB.

New or trade-in?

New and last one :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Agree on it being an ideal gun for carry. I carry one. Never had a FTF or FTE with it, either. I shoot mine suppressed too, and it is as reliable as can be.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Love my G27G4, in my pocket right now. Fired a G26 with my chosen 147gr+p HSTs and G27 with 180gr HSTs, and really felt no difference in recoil, but the better availability of defensive ammo, slight edge in ballistics, less blast and lower pressure was worth the 1rd penalty for me personally. 165 or 180gr tends to be fairly soft shooting at < 1000 FPS, but full power 155-165 at 1250+fps can really thump, where the 147+p in 9mm around 1100fps is the ceiling for recoil in 9mm, the soft shooting 180gr(or light loads in some other brands) is the floor in 40. The factory mags do nothing to help your grip, and the extended Peirce make the grip near a G19/G23 size and without any palm support. I found GAP floorplates and it is probably the best mod you could make, only problem is they don't make them for EVERY compact. Unlike extensions they are not longer than the factory grip, they just allow your fingers to lock into the grip, so they have just as much control as a full grip without a full grip, works great in a pocket holster.

If you do want a full 5 finger grip, Xgrip sleeves on G19/G23 mags offer 4 or 5 more rounds, and the absolute most comfortable grip a GLOCK can have IMO, good for IWB carry in jacket weather, at the range, home defense, or for a reload. Nice gently rounded with a nice spot for your pinkie, and nothing more than needed, like it much better than the plain G19 grip, about as small as a full grip can be. It's more controllable than the small G26/G27 grip even with GAP plates, feels more like a P99/PPQ shape. Wish it was textured like the factory gen4 grip though, and instead of soft plastic something harder to match the grip better, but despite nitpicking as is it works great. Added decent night sights, worked on the trigger, added a Vickers mag release, and it's much more versatile, easier to shoot and more accurate than you would think it should be.
    20140911_162156.jpg

20140911_162303.jpg

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Love my G27G4, in my pocket right now. Fired a G26 with my chosen 147gr+p HSTs and G27 with 180gr HSTs, and really felt no difference in recoil, but the better availability of ammo, and slight edge in ballistics on paper with less blast and lower pressure was worth the 1rd penalty and ammo cost for me personally. The factory mags do nothing to help your grip, and the extended Peirce make the grip near a G19/G23 size and without any palm support. I found GAP floorplates and it is probably the best mod you could make, only problem is they don't make them for EVERY compact. Unlike extensions they are not longer than the factory grip, they just allow your fingers to lock into the grip, so they have just as much control as a full grip without a full grip, works great in a pocket holster. If you do want a full 5 finger grip, Xgrip sleeves on G19/G23 mags offer 4 or 5 more rounds, and the absolute most comfortable grip a GLOCK can have IMO, good for IWB carry in jacket weather, at the range, home defense, or for a reload. Nice gently rounded with a nice spot for your pinkie, and nothing more than needed, like it much better than the plain G19 grip, about as small as a full grip can be. It's more controllable than the small G26/G27 grip even with GAP plates, feels more like a P99/PPQ shape. Wish it was textured like the factory gen4 grip though, and instead of soft plastic something harder to match the grip better, but despite nitpicking as is it works great. Added decent night sights, worked on the trigger, added a Vickers mag release, and it's much more versatile, easier to shoot and more accurate than you would think it should be.
    View attachment 129865

View attachment 129866

I just ordered a little fox hybrid holster as well. Very excited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom