• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ImperatorZices

Imperator
    Jan 22, 2009
    From the article:
    "XRAIL is a shotgun magazine extension that supplies your shotgun with 23+1 rounds using a rotating chamber system that works a bit like a revolver. As each tube is emptied, the housing rotates automatically to bring a fresh magazine into the feed cycle."
    XRAIL.jpg

(repost from gunnit:thumbsup:)

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    does it come with a mover's dolly to move it around on?

seriously though, that is just way off the awesome scale. lol. deep down i like it. kind of in the same way i like the m134

have you seen keltec's new product? hint: it's a shotgun!

Aug 2, 2007
    Harford County
    That looks really, really heavy. I also wonder about the second use:

"inciting a riot (see above)"

in·cite
    /ɪnˈsaɪt/ Show Spelled[in-sahyt]

–verb (used with object), -cit·ed, -cit·ing.
    to stir, encourage, or urge on; stimulate or prompt to action: to incite a crowd to riot.

I mean I'm sure you could, but with that attitude I'm wondering why they didn't also list "rob a bank" and "murder a bunch of people." :sad20:

pauln

WECSOG Alumnus
    Mar 2, 2007
    Harford Co.
    The guy that builds them was on our squad at the last Ft.Benning 3-gun match and his seemed to work well, but I've heard that's not the case with all of them.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    The first picture for some reason reminds me of a Super Soaker. The second one looks like it has electrical tape and zip-ties on it (I'm sure it doesn't, but it kinda looks like it)

Regardless, it looks heavy as heck, which may actually be good at controlling recoil/muzzle climb, as long as you have the arms to heft it.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    weight distributed at the worst possible point. I can 11+1 in my Winchester and that is heavy as hell already. Just tape a box of 25 shells to the end of your barrel and feel that, without the weight of ther contraption itself.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Just a heads-up, but the MSP has interpreted the law such that these are considered revolving magazines and are banned.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Just a heads-up, but the MSP has interpreted the law such that these are considered revolving magazines and are banned.

And it's a damn good thing that they have. They just saved me about $4 grand ... :sarcasm:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    XRail actually makes (or made) a 23 rd. rotating mag, a 14 rd. rotating mag, and the absolute strongest and best single tube mag, that holds 12+1 and does not need a barrel clamp. Jerry Miculek ran the 23 rd. in his Open division 3-gun Mossberg 930 JM Pro. I used the 12+1 tube because it made the switch from running TacOps to Open/Unlimited and back just a matter of adding or subtracting the 2 round extension which dropped the mag to 9+1 by leaving in the long spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom