• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bronco94

Mar 27, 2009
    Bel Air/College Park
    The May 2010 issue of American Rifleman has a full page ad with the new XDM 45 ACP and says "Pick one up soon" but no other indication of when they will be for sale.

I can't wait for the release of this gun...I love my XD 45 and will most likely be quick to purchase the XDM when its released. I've seen rumors online of third or fourth quarter 2010 release, but this is the first actual printed ad from SA that I've seen

This gun should be sweet :party29:

a81lp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 15, 2008
    i came here to post this very thing, was going to get and fnp 45 but now i think i might wait

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Im seeing alot of XD and XDM problems lately. Mainly with the striker assemblies going south.

Not sure if they have been tinkered with by home trigger jobs or are just wearing out but I have seen a huge influx lately.

XD's are off my "trusted" list for now.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Im seeing alot of XD and XDM problems lately. Mainly with the striker assemblies going south.

Not sure if they have been tinkered with by home trigger jobs or are just wearing out but I have seen a huge influx lately.

No no no no. Dooon't say that. Not my baby, nuh uh.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    The XD's they have in rental at Continental were some of the most reliable guns they had, along with Glocks, HK's, M&P's and Sig's

Funny you say that, I was just scrolling through the Brownells April new products email there were a few XD/XDM "striker upgrades" in there.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The XD's they have in rental at Continental were some of the most reliable guns they had, along with Glocks, HK's, M&P's and Sig's

Funny you say that, I was just scrolling through the Brownells April new products email there were a few XD/XDM "striker upgrades" in there.

I cant refute your experience but all types of XD's are coming in lately for problems.

Nothing pisses me off more than new guns that fail.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    What might be causing these failures? You mentioned home trigger jobs, could it be too much dry firing without snap caps? Maybe the guns just have high round counts on them. A bad batch from SA?

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    Are you guys a warranty repair facility for Springfield Chad? I'm just curious as to why folks would bring it in to you instead of sending them back to Springfield.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    All the issues I've seen with XD's have involved over lubrication. They were usually dripping with oil.

We figured it out it was the oil in the striker channel slowing the striker. I would blow the channel out with compressed air and the gun would run fine.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    What might be causing these failures? You mentioned home trigger jobs, could it be too much dry firing without snap caps? Maybe the guns just have high round counts on them. A bad batch from SA?

A few were home trigger jobs, but others are just the striker assemblies going south from initial inspection.

Were also seeing FTF and FTE with brand new guns with good factory ammo, and factory mags.

Are you guys a warranty repair facility for Springfield Chad? I'm just curious as to why folks would bring it in to you instead of sending them back to Springfield.

I think the same way as you do my friend. ;):)

No were not a Warranty Center but overall Springfield can be hit/miss with their repairs. Their Custom shop is EXCELLENT, but the repairs are lacking at times. I can only assume people use us becasue they can just bring it back if there is a reoccuring issue.

Is very costly to send back a pistol, unless people have a FFL they are forced to use UPS or FedEx NDA shipping which is about $50 a pop. Some people have luck geting call tag fromthe manufacturer to take care of the shipping, but some dont have the same results. Im worried the failure rate is higher than Im seeing since many will just send them back to the manufacturer before usnig us.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    All the issues I've seen with XD's have involved over lubrication. They were usually dripping with oil.

We figured it out it was the oil in the striker channel slowing the striker. I would blow the channel out with compressed air and the gun would run fine.

The striker Issues were seeing are worn out parts, resulting with light hits.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I think the same way as you do my friend. ;):)

No were not a Warranty Center but overall Springfield can be hit/miss with their repairs. Their Custom shop is EXCELLENT, but the repairs are lacking at times. I can only assume people use us because they can just bring it back if there is a reoccuring issue.

Is very costly to send back a pistol, unless people have a FFL they are forced to use UPS or FedEx NDA shipping which is about $50 a pop. Some people have luck getting call tag from the manufacturer to take care of the shipping, but some don't have the same results. I'm worried the failure rate is higher than I'm seeing since many will just send them back to the manufacturer before using us.

I can say that I am guilty of the same thing though. I will pay for minor repairs or just do upgrades vs sending it back to the factory and waiting 3 months, just to get the pistol back doing the same exact thing it went in to repair.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008

I had told you I had issues with my XDm. Well I changed my grip a little bit, put another 100 rounds thru it and it ran flawless. As for my mag follower issue, I found this on XD talk, they say it's not an issue. Happy with it again, for now.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I had told you I had issues with my XDm. Well I changed my grip a little bit, put another 100 rounds thru it and it ran flawless. As for my mag follower issue, I found this on XD talk, they say it's not an issue. Happy with it again, for now.

Ive had 10 come in in the last 2 months. Thats more than all the problems ones I have seen since they were first produced in Croatia.

Im glad yours is better but Im seeing alot of them for wear issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom