• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • derrickonline

Sep 22, 2008
    How do you all feel about XD sub compacts for reliability and over all concealed carry useability.

It seems Springfield Armory guns are well beloved here on the forums. But I couldn't find anything about the XD Sub compact. I'm interested in hearing some feedback. It would be a second gun for concealed carry out of state.

I of course want what everyone else wants, a gun that shoots everytime. Especially given it would be a conceal carry.

xd40c

Business Owner-Gun Toter
    Sep 20, 2007
    East Earl, PA
    Well I carry one (.40 cal) most days, though I will still strap on the M&P from time to time. So far, every time I have pulled the trigger, the gun went bang. No FTE or FTF. I probably have 7-8 hundred rounds through it. I'm happy. Truthfully though, the M&P has given my the same reliable service, with twice as many rounds through it.

For my hands, the magazine extensions are a must. I can't stand it when my little finger rides under the mag. But it does print significantly more with the larger mag, something the M&P does not do quite as bad.

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    The gun is reliable. I have never had anything bad happen to it. It can be abused, but is very accurate even after 1,000's of rounds. It is a little heavy, but that is the trade off. It goes a lot of places, pockets, etc. If you can carry a bigger gun i.e. 4in barrel, then do it.

I have the SC in 9mm.

there are some shots of it in here

derrickonline

Sep 22, 2008
    Thanks guys....it's a toss up between the XD 9mm sub compact or the PX4 Storm sub compact.

I'm leaning toward the PX4 because I originally wanted the PX4 Storm 9mm (regular size) but didn't have the cake at the time an settled on a Cougar 8000 9mm. Now is my chance to at least get the sub compact PX4 Storm which I'm in love with (at least the larger one) and no one has said anything bad about it.

I could carry a bigger gun but I've put my Stoeger Cougar in my holster and strapped it on...very awkward feeling and it buldges out much too much for my taste. I'd rather something very concealable for travel to other states that's still reliable and I can keep in a 9mm caliber.

derrickonline

Sep 22, 2008
    PS: Thanks for that video, that table full of guns...there's a gun that looks like a Star Trek gun, it's so futuristic looking (and ugly) I can't think of the name. When I saw it at the gun shop I thought if I pointed that at someone who would be afraid as it looks like a toy almost. :)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    The gun is reliable. I have never had anything bad happen to it. It can be abused, but is very accurate even after 1,000's of rounds. It is a little heavy, but that is the trade off. It goes a lot of places, pockets, etc. If you can carry a bigger gun i.e. 4in barrel, then do it.

I have the SC in 9mm.

there are some shots of it in here

WHAT THE F I HAVE BEEN MISSING ALL THAT?!?!?!?! I AM COMINIG TO THE NEXT SHOOOOOTTTT!!!! :mad54::mad54: :party29::party29:

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    WHAT THE F I HAVE BEEN MISSING ALL THAT?!?!?!?! I AM COMINIG TO THE NEXT SHOOOOOTTTT!!!! :mad54::mad54: :party29::party29:

If someone wanted to use my XD SC they could have. People are really nice and as a general rule, if there is a gun you want to try, the shoots we host are a good place to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom