• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Thanks for posting. Wish there was more story on who these guys are that are digging this stuff up. Certain munitions are thought to be getting more unstable with the years and there is a lot of it scattered around.

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I follow Ghosts of the Eastern Front on Facebook. They post some incredible pictures. Lately they've been digging in swamps and have found just about every piece of German and Russian weaponry and equipment you could think of, fully intact. A lot of the weapons still have intact slings and the stocks don't look rotten at all. The bog really helps preserve that stuff. They even dug up some bodies that were pretty well preserved for being 70 years dead.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Dan Carlin did a podcast a few years ago called "Ghosts of the Osfront" which was an incredible learning experience for me. As a long time WWII buff I was embarrassed at how little I really knew about the battles on the eastern front and the magnitude of human death and suffering that occurred. I highly recommend the series for anyone interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom