• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    This only applies to those who have a current WV CCW license.

SB 353, introduced by state Senate Majority Leader John Unger (D-16) and Senate President Jeff Kessler (D-2), would expedite the process of purchasing a firearm for valid concealed carry permit holders by making West Virginia eligible for an exemption from the FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). Such carry permit holders have already cleared a background check. This legislation would further conform state law to federal law and lead to greater reciprocity for permit holders throughout the United States.

here is a better link

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/02/west-virginia-nics-exemption-bill-passes-in-senate/#axzz2LwwRyz1H

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Holy Shi'ite Dems with common sense. I guess we can no longer make WV redneck jokes.

1969sschevelle

Dec 28, 2012
    Lost Farmland County MD
    This only applies to those who have a current WV CCW license.

SB 353, introduced by state Senate Majority Leader John Unger (D-16) and Senate President Jeff Kessler (D-2), would expedite the process of purchasing a firearm for valid concealed carry permit holders by making West Virginia eligible for an exemption from the FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). Such carry permit holders have already cleared a background check. This legislation would further conform state law to federal law and lead to greater reciprocity for permit holders throughout the United States.

here is a better link

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/02/west-virginia-nics-exemption-bill-passes-in-senate/#axzz2LwwRyz1H
    T:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsuphis:This is how it should be!!!!

Infantry

Feb 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Time to Move

When I see this kind of positive action regarding guns in WVA vs our Maryland insanity I start to see that it may be time to move. I have thought about it, but the latest madness coming out of Annapolis has me taking antacids way too often lately.

Way to go West Virginia.

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    Sure you still can, we just sit back shake our heads and laugh thru our full set of 13 teeth at the crap you Marylanders put up with.:D

Having spent 4-odd years between the two, I can't wait to call WV my 100% home again - 3 months and counting!

That said, I wouldn't necessarily laugh... now is not the time to sit on our laurels and lay witness to the destruction of our neighbors; because in no time, they'll be knocking on our doors as well.

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    That said, I wouldn't necessarily laugh... now is not the time to sit on our laurels and lay witness to the destruction of our neighbors; because in no time, they'll be knocking on our doors as well.

Not actually sitting on my laurels...I have been writing/emailing MD legislators and MOM letting them know I was considering a move to MD, but if the proposed gun legislation is passed, it will definitely kill that plan. I figure they should know it is not just the residents of MD watching their actions. I agree with you and would prefer to try and stop this before it has even the slightest chance of making it across the Potomac.

bcr229

FFL/SOT
    Jul 15, 2011
    Inwood, WV
    I was considering a move to MD...
    Why would you ever do that? :confused:
    I moved out of MD over 20 years ago, best move I ever made!

Also, not sure if you guys are watching the WVCDL's updates, but apparently the pre-emption law has a good chance of getting stronger, to the point where if a city passes a gun control ordinance, gets sued, and loses, the city has to pay all litigation fees and fines. :D

uneven

Front and Center
    Dec 21, 2012
    Yes in WV you have more gun rights. For now. It will change.

But annual personal property taxes on you cars? Dogs? Every year?

Wages that are half what they are in MD?

Its not heaven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom