• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RipkinC

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2007
    Free America
    170339_01_md.jpg

Ok, I know someone has seen this before, however its new to me and I must say WTF
    Was on the site looking at stuff for me and the lady when I checked what they had in the XL revolver frame list for giggles, and this popped up, I must say if you need a bipod on your handguns barrel its either too long or too heavy/your too weak.
    So now on the the ultimate question, anyone own/shot one before? that break i bet pisses of others next to you
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57771_757767_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    It bugs me that we insist on defending our right to keep and bear arms against those who would disarm us, but we run around happily pissing on other gun owner's parades because we wouldn't own some particular thing ourselves, or we just want to make cheap playground points. Would you criticize the shooter next to you for his choice of firearm/ammo/accessory to his face just because it's something you think he doesn't need or shouldn't ought to have? If you would, go pound sand.

I'm out of here for tonight.

Huh? The only thing he said was the break. I understood what he meant. I was sitting next to one guy who was shooting 500 with a muzzle break. I felt the blast and few powder residue. ??

$CashMoney$

Feb 28, 2011
    I used to have a Miculek brake (similar to that one) on one of my ARs, and yeah, it pisses the guys next to you off. Especially in a class!

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    170339_01_md.jpg

Ok, I know someone has seen this before, however its new to me and I must say WTF
    Was on the site looking at stuff for me and the lady when I checked what they had in the XL revolver frame list for giggles, and this popped up, I must say if you need a bipod on your handguns barrel its either too long or too heavy/your too weak.
    So now on the the ultimate question, anyone own/shot one before? that break i bet pisses of others next to you
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57771_757767_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y
    :innocent0
    ruger-charger.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It is what it is. Don't think in terms of a revolver you carry in a holster, but think in terms of an XP100 , or T/C Encore, etc . Plenty of those that get carried w/ slings & use bipods.

Were I to partake of revolver that size I would probably prefer a really big bullet at normal vels , rather than a normal wt bullet at really high vels, but it's a free country. Just like we have room for longbow, recurves, compounds, and crossbows.

Ultimate Member
    170339_01_md.jpg

bipods are ok. you should be able to hit at 600yds with a 44mag. With a 460 mag you should be able to get to 800 yds. I guess the steading and magnification is the reason. I'm with S&W on this. I've tried to get a 44 to hit at 400yds and needed a shit load of bags and rests.

I can't tell you what you'd need to hit outside of 100yds, but a 460 would fukc up a black bear at 800 yds and in. So why not get a Thompson in .308 or more practical FAL, CETME or AR-10 and put anything down? A .308 kills anything.

eightshot627

Apr 10, 2008
    Thurmont
    I have the 12 inch version without the muzzle brake. Wow! that muzzle brake would create some pressure. It looks like a Miculek brake and the one I have on my little AR throws some gas. When I take my .460 to the range I warn people not to get to close and then the end up moving another bench or two after I shoot.

what's the black "collar" in front of the brake? A black tie?

It’s the front sight. The barrels on those are completed and the forcing cones polished to a mirror finish so it won’t erode, then the barrel is screwed into the frame, cylinder gap set and then locked into place with a jam nut kind of like a Savage 110. The front sight is banded and held with a screw.

Walt

drewhall

May 29, 2009
    Maryland
    LOL internet sarcasm.

I'm sure it would stir up a conversation or two. I'm not really into that kinda stuff but it looks cool.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    nonsense ... propably even more effective if you hold it by the muzzle and use it like a club ... :lol2:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I dont know if it would be practical for a .44 mag for 600yds? and 800 for a bear with a 460? i think thats beyond the capabilities of the pistol...i could be wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom