• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leviathan

Jun 14, 2012
    Long story short, in trying to rush through an order for pmags and other stuff, while doing too many other things at once :sad20: I find myself with the wrong option. I meant to order the MS3 to be used with the ASAP plate. But ended up with the MS3/QD. What are my options? Do they sell just the bottom part with that gator clip or am I gonna just have to change the end plate to a QD one? Any suggestions there? I must admit I like the options of switching from a single to a 2-point on the fly like the QD one is supposed to offer you.

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    I'd get a new QD plate. I like them better than the ASAP plate. They're pretty cheap and easy to switch out. Just be careful of the safety detent spring flying out when you take off the old plate...

Jamie

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Or you could get a Magpul CTR stock, has a QD socket. :)

So does every other half way decent stock. :-P

That's not how the MS3 is properly used. You need a sling plate in order to properly use it as a single point sling.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Magpul doesn't sell the pieces/parts separately. Seems odd because I'm sure Magpul would sell paraclips by the boatload (best clips around IMO). I buy MS3 slings just to strip off the hardware for use on better slings (i.e. BFG VCAS).

Leviathan

Jun 14, 2012
    Yeah, I'm sure they would, as the clips do seem sturdy. I'm running an ACS-l so I do have the option to ad that qd mount but seems like the rifle would carry way too low & with no balance if mounted there. Guessing QD endplate it is, seem like Noveske makes a decent one.

Bluemax

Member in good standing
    Jun 12, 2010
    southern maryland
    watch out on the noveske plate the hole is slightly undersized and most clips have issues with them. I have had problems with two of them.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I'm running an ACS-l so I do have the option to ad that qd mount but seems like the rifle would carry way too low & with no balance if mounted there. Guessing QD endplate it is, seem like Noveske makes a decent one.

My experience/preference is the opposite. Using QD towards the rear of the buttstock (STR on mine), the rifle is firmly planted on the front of my body (at an angle) as I maneuver. Just keep the sling adjusted short enough so the center(ish) of the barrel is not whacking your knee. I tried and gave up on ASAP-style mounts. The unsecured buttstock causes the rifle to pendulum all over the place as I move. Definitely not for me. YMMV.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom