• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    before I got into the hobby I never even knew how strict gun laws where in MD already...
    I think they are misleading Marylanders with the question to get the answer they want.
    Everyone wants laws that prevent criminals from getting guns.....
    They just don't realize how hard they make it for Lawful persons

Blackstar65

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2010
    The title is missleading. They only polled 1,516 people by phone. That hardly repersents the State.

Smagel

Hey, hey, my, my
    Jul 20, 2011
    Freddy's Store
    The title is missleading. They only polled 1,516 people by phone. That hardly repersents the State.

That's pretty standard practice in polling.

What I want to see is their methodology and questions.

That's where they get sneaky.

Edit: Dur...missed the link to their poll data.

Vince55

Vince55
    Aug 10, 2010
    Lusby, Md
    OMalley and the rest of them will lie their ass off to get what they want and they have the liberal media on their side.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    A poll that only includes residents of PG and Montgomery counties?

Color me surprised.....

Smagel

Hey, hey, my, my
    Jul 20, 2011
    Freddy's Store
    And, how about the results of this question?

How big a problem is gun violence in your community? Would you say a major problem, minor problem, or not a problem?

74% No problem or minor problem

24% Major problem

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I was polled by WAPO a year or so ago in regards to my stance on gay marriage.
    When I asked how they got my phone number, they said it was randomly dialed.

Crab Bait

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2011
    Pasadena
    before I got into the hobby I never even knew how strict gun laws where in MD already...
    I think they are misleading Marylanders with the question to get the answer they want.
    Everyone wants laws that prevent criminals from getting guns.....
    They just don't realize how hard they make it for Lawful persons

THIS

And this is part of one of my e-mails to Senators/Delegates...

A few years ago, as I started to get back into shooting, I read up on the laws governing my use of my legally owned firearms and couldn't believe how restrictive Maryland already is on law abiding firearm owners. I had at the time, been a hunter and a holder of a hunter’s safety card for almost 30 years, I had owned a .22 caliber rifle and 12 gauge shotgun for almost as long, and had owned a 9mm regulated pistol (having passed the background check in 1993) for almost 20 years. Yet when I went to buy a new .22 caliber pistol I was surprised that my hunter’s safety card wasn’t enough to certify competency in firearm handling and I had to complete an on-line firearm safety training course to obtain the proper card. Second, I was required to fill out federal paperwork so that a background check could be done. Third, I had to fill out Maryland state paperwork so that another background check could be done. Fourth, I would be required to wait seven days (however, it often takes longer) before I could take possession of that firearm – even though I had firearms at home. Fifth, a fired shell casing would have to be submitted to the Maryland State Police. Sixth, I would be required to purchase an internal lock for the firearm. Additionally, after purchasing the firearm, I would only be allowed to transport the firearm off my property if I was going to or from the range or gunsmith. And while I was traveling it was to be stored boxed or holstered, unloaded, and according to most interpretations, completely separated from the ammunition. At this point I think it should be obvious that if there is a problem in Maryland, it’s not from a lack of regulation, but from a lack of diligence enforcing and prosecuting the violations of the laws already in place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom