Votes: 17 20.2%

• Total voters
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    I understand the reason behind this question. It's something someone asks randomly to try to create some sort of mind altering dialogue where people debate their rationality:
    If you have to kill one of you two children which one would it be?
    Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
    Would you rather sleep with your best friend's lover or your lover's best friend?

The reason for the anger with this question is that most people here know that BOTH laws prohibiting concealed carry and banning "assault weapons" should not be in place. There is no "lesser of the two evils" here. Both are wrong and unconstitutional.
    You say it's just hypothetical but in those two hypothetical situations something is given up and the other considered good, either the AWB or CCW. That is inconceivable.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    I understand the reason behind this question. It's something someone asks randomly to try to create some sort of mind altering dialogue where people debate their rationality:
    If you have to kill one of you two children which one would it be?
    Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
    Would you rather sleep with your best friend's lover or your lover's best friend?

The reason for the anger with this question is that most people here know that BOTH laws prohibiting concealed carry and banning "assault weapons" should not be in place. There is no "lesser of the two evils" here. Both are wrong and unconstitutional.
    You say it's just hypothetical but in those two hypothetical situations something is given up and the other considered good, either the AWB or CCW. That is inconceivable.

This explains my position to a T.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I understand the reason behind this question. It's something someone asks randomly to try to create some sort of mind altering dialogue where people debate their rationality

Guilty as charged, that's exactly what I was trying to do, I wasn't just asking a simple question. :rolleyes:

It is clear you guys don't like the question, that is your prerogative. I hadn't considered the anti-2A people reading this angle...not sure how much affect it could possibly have. I was honestly just curious what people valued more. Perhaps I could have worded it, which do you think would help reduce crime, or which would you feel safer with. But alas it is too late for that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom