• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Romak 993 Sporter.

Bought it at 18, never fired a single round thru it. Sold it at 19, unfired.

That makes it the worst rifle I ever owned, since I never got to shoot it.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I THOUGHT my Marlin 795 was a POS, until I got differetn ammo. The Remington Golden Bullets made me a believer. A believer that Golden Bullets suck. Had so many hammer strikes for various guns that wouldn't ignite, and many deformed rounds. All my Federal, CCI, and Aquila .22 runs thru the Marlin 795 and 60 just fine. I did buy a Mosin that was all rusted up, and the bolt required a breakfast of Wheaties to cycle, so that was probably my worst. That was user neglect though, not indicative of a rifle problem. My other Mosins are smooth and shoot well.

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    Worst rifle I have/ever had is a Winchester 9422 that's a very picky eater. Lovely rifle though. Inherited it in mint condition from a much beloved uncle so I don't have the heart to let it go.

In a similar but much older vein, a friend of mine has a .22 cal Stevens Visible Loader. Having tried to shoot it once we quickly understood the nickname "miserable loader". Worthless pos would not extract a fired casing, and couldn't hit the broad side of a windowless barn from the inside. Looks pretty cool hanging on the wall, though...

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    Bubba special Mauser 1915.

Bought it at a Maryland gun show back when I was a gun noob. Seeing the 1915 marked receiver was what sold me on it not knowing the other problems with it.

Barrel was chopped really short to 16", no crown, nothing to hold the front handguard cuff from falling off, aftermarket iron sites that were garbage, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it; just an overall fail on my part.

The worst part is I bought it for $225 and later sold it to my friend for $75.

JDBoss

Quiet Professional
    Nov 8, 2010
    Florida
    HK91 - A rifle I wanted for soooo long.... and wanted to love...... but it wasn't particularly accurate and was just plain uncomfortable to shoot. Traded it and a couple bucks for an AR10T (in 1995) and haven't looked back.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    My worst rifle is a Marlin 795. It feels like it has the build quality of a BB gun, the magazines are fiddly, and overall it doesn't feel solid. Yet damn can that thing shoot. I made Rifleman at my first (and only) Appleseed shoot with it and some Tech sights. I guess I'd rather have a rifle that shoots straight than one that feels nice and your hands but doesn't perform.

There's probably some other things I like that way too ...

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Bubba special Mauser 1915.

Bought it at a Maryland gun show back when I was a gun noob. Seeing the 1915 marked receiver was what sold me on it not knowing the other problems with it.

Barrel was chopped really short to 16", no crown, nothing to hold the front handguard cuff from falling off, aftermarket iron sites that were garbage, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with it; just an overall fail on my part.

The worst part is I bought it for $225 and later sold it to my friend for $75.

16 inches is way too short a barrel chop for a Mauser. I would have said re-crown if there were at least 19 inches of barrel... It could have still been a great shooter so long as the rifling was in decent condition.

I see people cutting down their mosins to 16 inches all the time, and then they're stuck shooting steel core light ball since nothing else will stabilize out of the damn thing.

FoxFirearms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    I bought a Remington Matchmaster 513-T, rechambered in .22 mag...big mistake. All they did was added a .22 mag barrel, and I'm fairly certain it's not safe to shoot. Education is expensive these days.

FoxFirearms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    One more expensive lesson. I bought a WC Scott Trap Gun with a short barrel and Lyman Cutts Choke for $800. Found out someone, even less intelligent than me, sawed off the barrel and added the choke. Now I can't find an original WC Scott barrel, so I'm stuck with a shotgun that basically nobody wants.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I had a WASR that was all kinds of screwed up. It had every problem imaginable.

I got so pissed off with it one day I threw it in the pond

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Remington 760 carbine in .30-06. Jamomatic POS

The only firearm I've sold with no regret

Did you ever have a smith check it out? I know someone with a 760 who has probably put 1,000 rounds through it, without a hiccup.

Scratched onto a piece of slate and carried by specially trained prehistoric birds.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I had an Italian carcano in excellent condition. At 100yds it grouped about 8". And, no, it wasn't my fault. Because of that rifle, I'm a firm believer lee Harvey wasn't alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom