• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    No AR-15 upper is illegal in Maryland. It all depends on the lower it is attached to and the onus is on the gun owner to ensure compliance. It is perfectly legal for a Marylander to buy any barrel or configuration for an AR. They just better have a pre-Oct 1/2013 lower to fit it to and can prove that to the State's satisfaction should they ever come knocking. Midway, Brownell's, RRA, Delton, CTD and the like seem to have no problem taking my money for parts. My lowers can accept pre-Oct 1/2013 uppers across the board. Being able to rebarrel to original configuration was my only concern with FSA2013. And I have all the receipts for my lowers anyway to prove when I bought them.

Idiots. I have never had a problem buying anything at Chantilly. Never been asked for ID either outside of a transfer. Just hand over cash or a credit card and continue on my merry way. Mags, LPKs, barrels, accessories, ammo, you name it. I have had exactly one vendor not take my money in the nearly 10 years I've been going to that show and he didn't want it when I was a VA resident.

Matt

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    I have been to Chantilly many times. Even made the very first show there. I went twice this year and had no problems. I always pay cash. I bought a 10/22in April this year. No problem. I don't know who you guys are dealing with, but I never have had any problems.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    when I lived in MD and went to the Chantilly gun show...I just moved on to a different table and bought from someone that didnt have a prob with MD residents...

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    Well I think if they don't want your money we just keep helping our own within and buy local as much as possible and for those venders over the Borders that appeal to our needs keep a list and reward them, and those that reject us PUNISH them on the forum, take there information and inform them of action to be taken for "YOUR" ignorence. It might eventually get through there dense brain housing group. Maybe they can't read???

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Ordered a case of xm193 from PSA a week or two ago, for 299+shipping. Got an email that they cancelled my order because I lived in MoCo.

This after I've bought thousands of rounds from them in the past. Emailed them that there was no legal restriction; their compliance people are "looking into it". Got a refund, but good luck getting the same deal, even if they decide it's OK.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I've talked to dealers that wouldn't sell a pump shotgun or bolt rifle to a MD resident when it came time to show ID. A bunch of ignorant rednecks there trying to make a point. I'll never make that drive again to Chantilly. F-em. If all Marylanders boycotted that show it sure as hell would get the attention of the promoter who would be taking the direct hit from the lost entrance fees.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Glad I didn't waste my time or money going to the show in chantilly. The Gettysburg show a few weeks back was great. They even advertised MD compliant ARs.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    How about we make a list in the W/C of of out of state dealers who WILL sell to us?

I think the more popular ones are already known, just look through the threads in the Pennsylvania section. Heck a couple are even IP's. I have no bad feelings towards the one in PA that wouldn't sell to me because he's treated me right on ammunition and accessories. If he had a good price on something I really wanted and couldn't find elsewhere I'd have him ship it to my local FFL. And I think most of the Holigans know where I'm talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom