• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 11, 2012
    Eden, MD
    As a woman, I try not to make myself more of target in this day and age and completely gave up carrying a purse all together I use a mans wallet that I keep in my front pocket along with a knife I carry. My cell phone in the other front pocket with another knife. If you argue that you have no place to carry your femine products keep a stash in the car and at work if you can, and only place in your pocket what you may need at the time. I have been doing this for years now and do not have a problem. Don't make yourself a target if you don't have too and as far as makeup goes just don't use it unless of course ya wanna look nice for your attacker. Just thought I'd throw that idea out there.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    There are some great carry purses/pocketbooks on the market. Also, many commercailly available pocketbooks can be easily modified to be 'tactical'.

Manyt of us learned a lot about pocketbooks/puses when we had our NRA PPITH/PPOTH instructor training. Also MERCOP has some thoughts on them too! It is amazing on wht items a woman has at her disposal and can set up her pocketbook/puse to maximiza access to them.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    i never understood carrying in a purse. it always seemed to easy to be seperated from your weapon. pockets sound alot smarter. but even if my sister wore blackhawk pants and shirt, she still wouldnt have enough pockets to store all of the junk from her purse!

Feb 11, 2012
    Eden, MD
    It was hard for me to down size too, but it can be done. PURGE the junk and learn to get by with the minimum, it can be done. I used to carry around a big ole purse so heavy you could use it as a weapon itself but I work a very early morning schedule, and the thugs are out and about and my safety was more important than the junk I chose to carry around. ;)

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Murphy's Law states, "Junk will accumulate to fill the available space."

Congratulations on downsizing like that. It must have been challenging.

---

I too am very sceptical about carrying in a purse.

Of course, there's always this alternative:

Attachments

• handcuff briefcase.jpg
      handcuff briefcase.jpg
      14.3 KB · Views: 73

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW