• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    That's a great price if those primers work. Lotta people got screwed real good buying Wolf primers that didn't work at all. Some had 10% ftf rate. Some came without anvils, etc.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I have used Wolf small rifle primers with excellent results. They are harder than the CCI primers, so some fail to fire may be due to that. I have not found one yet without an anvil, though. I've used about 1000 of them so far.

Jim

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    I've gone through about 3,000 Wolf primers that I've purchased in the last three years. Never had one fail to go bang yet. I'd say they're good to go.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    That was just the thing with the Wolf primers: They were really good primers right up until they had a bad production run and left their customers stuck with the bill entirely. A very few people were refunded till Wolf realized the scale of the problem & then balked at everyone else. Now no one wants anything to do with them. No one trusts their products. Hence the $15/k (well below market rate) primers.

fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    For those shooting hot loads, you can't beat Wolf (or Tula, they're made in the same factory on the same machines)...I'll pierce Federal, Winchester and CCI, but put a Wolf in, and vioala...no problem.

helg

Dec 26, 2008
    Wolf primers are ugly. They are non-round, ignite inconsistently, stuck in every press, and tend to explode upon priming.

I use exclusively Wolf/Tulammo because they work in my guns and my press. Everybody else on various forums is extremely unhappy with them.

Maryland_Shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2008
    Glen Arm
    That was just the thing with the Wolf primers: They were really good primers right up until they had a bad production run and left their customers stuck with the bill entirely. A very few people were refunded till Wolf realized the scale of the problem & then balked at everyone else. Now no one wants anything to do with them. No one trusts their products. Hence the $15/k (well below market rate) primers.

It would have been better to stand behind the product - probably cheaper as well.

JSW

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2008
    Bryansville, Pa.
    I have been involved in the use of over 100,000 wolf primers and the only problem we had were a direct result of operator error.-----need to dry the case after cleaning with liquid cleaners. I have also sold over 20,000 at different gun show and have never had a customer complain about them. Now magtech on the other hand I'll never order again.

Chris L

Bite me
    Oct 31, 2007
    Catonsville
    The one thread I found on Arfcom mentioned lot # 9-10. Then later in the same post, the OP found that he was only having the issue when using H335.

Oreo

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 23, 2008
    There was a good discussion on Benos as well but the thread went way too many pages for me to want to sort through it looking for lot numbers.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Well damn. Was getting ready to order 20k-30k of them. Was trying to figure out why the Tulas are $20 per 1k and the Wolf are $15 per 1k. That explains it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cfreeman818

Latest threads

Top Bottom