• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    It's a touchy situation. As an off duty cop with no back-up, no body armor and a weapon that by it's concealed nature is harder to draw, I run these things through my head every time I stop at the local stop and rob. I'm not dying for the cash in the register. I'm also not going to be taken hostage nor permit other people to be harmed. Something else to ask yourself is have you identified all of the assailants? Do you know that the guy standing over by the sandwich counter/ check writing station isn't also with the robbers, waiting for someone to break cover? Part of traveling armed is a healthy paranoia and the decision to analyize EVERY situation.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I understand what you are saying. To me life is more important then money or objects. But if you are threading to take a life and I can stop you, it in my heart so I know I will try to stop you. If all you want is the money and you don’t give off that you will harm people in the process, get the money and be gone. A CCW IMHO is to preserve self-life and protection. Not permission to be the LAW....

Agreed

It's a touchy situation. As an off duty cop with no back-up, no body armor and a weapon that by it's concealed nature is harder to draw, I run these things through my head every time I stop at the local stop and rob. I'm not dying for the cash in the register. I'm also not going to be taken hostage nor permit other people to be harmed. Something else to ask yourself is have you identified all of the assailants? Do you know that the guy standing over by the sandwich counter/ check writing station isn't also with the robbers, waiting for someone to break cover? Part of traveling armed is a healthy paranoia and the decision to analyize EVERY situation.

Got to do the constant scan at all times when visiting the local businesses. I definitely ain't dying for somebody else's money but to protect a life then I would do what I had to do.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO

What he said. It isn't that likely that most perps have low-profile backup, but it is better to plan for the worst. My general rule of thumb is to not plan on doing anything until I HAVE to . . . i.e., "Never use the snakefist . . unless you MUST."

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    so its ok for you to shoot couple kids stealing candy from a store?

materials can be replaced not lives.:innocent0

Some lives are not worth replacing.

Kids in a candy store get a pass. The guy running off with my computer, checkbook, wallet, or keys does not. The more we victimize the criminals ("Oh, you were SHOT at for stealing this man's car? You poor man!"), the worse off our society is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Drake1990$

Latest threads

Top Bottom