with NICS now accepting handgun apps from MD dealers, why are ffls not utilizing.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thai

May 8, 2013
    ...the system?

Also with a buyer who is also a DC who has multiple regulated firearms awaiting ND, why won't an FFL release all fire arms at one time when the first ND comes in at 90+ days with the rest of the regulated firearms in his possession at 75+ days? Some appears to wait on each individual regulated firearms to come in with its own ND. Make no ****ing sense!

It just boggles the mind at what the FFLs are thinking.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Umm, since when did NICS accept handgun apps?

The most we have seen is that there is a loophole that it will process online but not via phone.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Plenty of threads about this are currently going on...

Also NICS is not accepting handgun apps from MD FFL's, because MSP is the sole POC for NICS in the State. You r info is wrong.

People need to chill out and realize that the law says one thing, yet the FFL's are doing their best to follow the law(s) so they don't get into a heap of trouble. If you have a firearm in purgatory right now, all I can tell you is cool it and wait for your turn.

Mods, you may want to lock this thread.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    MSI has filed a lawsuit.

Dealers are doing their best to follow the law and not get the MSP's wrath, which could cost them their livelihood.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Umm, since when did NICS accept handgun apps?

The most we have seen is that there is a loophole that it will process online but not via phone.

I thought it was the other way around, phone works but online does not and the only IP I've seen post with success is the one Clandestine works for. Others I've spoken with have said both failed.

This sounds short, but I love how new members think they have the solution that veterans have not tried yet.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    NICs will *not* do a check from a MD FFL calling about a handgun, they will do a check on a long gun whether it is regulated or not (there is no difference at the Federal level).

Please provide source of your info?

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    There are ways to get around the MSP. For example, you buy a non-regulated and a regulated. Then you have a valid NICS number.

Last edited by a moderator:

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I bought two regulated firearms and had release before MSP responded. I 95% sure I heard my FFL doing a NICs check on me while I waited...

One was a PTR receiver but it was still regulated...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There are ways to get around the MSP. For example, you buy a non-regulated and a regulated. Then you have a valid NICS number.

If an FFL knows the law, why would he list both guns on the 4473 if one is regulated and one is not?. If he was honest he wouldn't try that.Clearly that is not the form's or the law's intent.

The 4473 does not address MD's stupid regulated vs non regulated firearms law, so doing that seems to me to be unlawful on it's face.

Liability seems to be the main concern with FFL's.

thai

May 8, 2013
    Another case of someone letting their own desired outcomes prevent them from seeing both side of the situation. Blame MSP not the FFLs.

I don't think so. I'm just someone who wants the ffl to follow the law, recognize the current issues and problems with the laws and be competent enough to see that there are remedies available under the current law. Please do a critical reading of the statutes and laws that applies.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    I don't think so. I'm just someone who wants the ffl to follow the law, recognize the current issues and problems with the laws and be competent enough to see that there are remedies available under the current law. Please do a critical reading of the statutes and laws that applies.

Get a dictionary and do a critical reading of the word MAY. They are following the law. They may/may not release, their discretion. If I were an FFL and I knew who the people on here threatening to sue or accusing the FFLs of breaking the law were, I would choose to not release to them.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Get a dictionary and do a critical reading of the word MAY. They are following the law. They may/may not release, their discretion. If I were an FFL and I knew who the people on here threatening to sue or accusing the FFLs of breaking the law were, I would choose to not release to them.

:thumbsup:THIS; the FFLs are following the law; it's their license; they MAY do a lot of things but CHOOSE not to for whatever reasons they have.

thai

May 8, 2013

No one is threatening or suing anyone. Stop hyping and making up lies. I don't understand why people just love to take it to the deep end everytime. Lack of common sense when a person says:" I like guns.". And out of nowhere another person says," What?!! You condone murder and lawlessness?!!" Not quite. Do a critical reading.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    This "may" and "shall" bullschit (overall) is getting old. Why can't the law say MUST, or .....Eff'n DO IT.

Both sides get to hide behind it and the only person who gets screwed over and over again is the consumer.

Bagpiperer

Mar 23, 2013
    They are following the law. They may/may not release, their discretion.

True. If they had a 77r in hand stamped "Not Disapproved," they could still choose not to release the firearm. That mightn't be a very good business choice, but it would nevertheless be legal.

Of course, customers who prefer not to risk having to wait until the wrong side of October 1st to pick up a gun will go to the places that are releasing on time. This situation isn't the FFLs' fault, but people will respond to incentives, and a $300 license/fingerprint/training cost is a mighty powerful disincentive.

Why not interrupt the circular firing squad for a few days until the response to the lawsuit comes back?

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    No one is threatening or suing anyone. Stop hyping and making up lies. I don't understand why people just love to take it to the deep end everytime. Lack of common sense when a person says:" I like guns.". And out of nowhere another person says," What?!! You condone murder and lawlessness?!!" Not quite. Do a critical reading.

Liar humm. Weird...

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=121612

Use search and enjoy your critical reading. Although it seems you don't know what it really is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom