• Yes.

Votes: 85 92.4%
    • No

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    It will pass and become law. Our only remedy is in the courts and unfortunately they are slow as molasses. I think we eventually win but the key word is eventually. Could be 1 year, could be 5. Depends on how much the state wants to fight it and of course if we can get a TRO. We have to sue immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Fvck yeah it's gonna pass. Maybe the Gov will re-create the photo op with the moms.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    What happens when a few or many people that have had CC permits for days - months - years and then are violated because of some hairbrained scheme the idiots from MGA came up with.

How do they couch their legal argument????

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I don’t think they’ve shoved through the cannabis legalization framework so far as I am aware. I’d think that’d be a bigger priority for them.
    I thought I read that they did.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    can one of the few pro2A filibuster it? can that happen at the state level?

The most applicable last minute parliamentary maneuver is a last minute killer amendment , without enough minutes on the clock to run back thru committees and floor votes .

This was how Preliminary Approval of W&C was stopped a few years ago .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    At the risk of sounding like Slick Willie , it depends on what is the meaning of IS .

Will some sort of Anti Gun Bill be Passed ( & Signed) ? Extremely Likely .

Will it Suck ? Every anti gun law inherently Sucks .

Will the Bill that passes contain at least some of the Suck- ness of SB-1 ? Yup .

Will what passes and is signed bear the. Nomenclature of SB-1 ? With the latest scoop as of the time I started typing this laboursly with one finger , I'm putting the odds at below 50/ 50 .

It would appear the Forces of Evil will roll with adding some SB-1 elements to HB- 824 , rather than fighting out the full SB-1 until 23:29 Monday .

But that's my 3D Chess analysis . If they're doing 47D Backgammon , who knows ?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What happens when a few or many people that have had CC permits for days - months - years and then are violated because of some hairbrained scheme the idiots from MGA came up with.

How do they couch their legal argument????

The Penalty will now be NON Prohibiting .

On that basis , plenty of people will just pay a cpl hundred $ fine & unsupervised probation . instead of appealling to SCOTUS .

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    What possible reason could a solid majority of legislators who absolutely hate us and everything we stand for have to back off from a law designed out of spite to specifically make our lives riskier and more troubled? Of course it will pass. It vilifies and inconveniences us, adding the prospect of trivially getting people like us prohibited for life. There isn’t a question of it passing.
    They have already passed HB824.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I thought I read that they did.
    Looks like the passed it yesterday. Not sure at what time. So maybe my statement was true when I posted it? Dunno. Anyway, I guess they got weed taken care of. Now they'll come for our rights. Maybe instead they could just smoke a doobie and chill out.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    The Penalty will now be NON Prohibiting .

On that basis , plenty of people will just pay a cpl hundred $ fine & unsupervised probation . instead of appealling to SCOTUS .
    An open question there. Either version it will be non-prohibitive. The house does appear to have fixed the problem that 5-203 (4-203?) on regulated permit transportation/carry penalties can apply to W&C permit holders otherwise legally carrying in these new sensitive places. So a 3 year (has the 5 year bill passed?) penalty on top of the original 90 days in SB1.

HOWEVER, the house didn't think the 90 days was strict enough, so Clipplinger had it amended to be a year in prison now, rather than 90 days. Even Waldy wanted just 90 days.

Hopefully that is one of those points that makes it fail. Or if they go to conference, the house yields on that point and restores SB1 back to 90 days and $1000 fine rather than 1yr and $2000 fine for a first offense as originally intended.

Odds are, 90 days or 1 year, I'd imagine a majority of the cases will be Noles or PBJs on a first offense, possibly losing their W&C for a period of time in exchange for some community service and a fine.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    The Senate special ordered HB0824 till 4/10/23
    The House Judiciary Chairman special ordered SB1 until 4/10/2023. Per discussions with some of the Delegates, there were additional amendments being requested.

As dblas noted in his reply - HB824, as amended by the Senate, received Concurrence in the House and is on its way to the Governor's desk for his review and action.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    No it didn't HB824 passed.

The House Special ordered SB1 until Minday
    Cant wait to see who will be creating this curriculum for permit courses, by Oct 1, or by Jan 1 like it says in the bill…….. I guess Oct-Jan 1 doesn’t exist.

And instructors, some of which can barely do the present course correctly, will now need to teach self defense law (if it can be found), de-escalation, minimum use of force, suicide prevention, etc etc etc.

Oh my…….

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member