• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redhawk_hj

May 29, 2013
    montgomery county
    I am going wild boar hunting on Friday for the third time this summer and hope to get one... :mad54: does anyone know of a local place that will process the hog? The place I am going to will skin and quarter it for me but that is about as far as they will go. I am not looking to drive too far, I heard of a place in Mt. Airy called clints cuts, but if there is anything closer that would be awesome.. :party29:

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    sorry can't help with the processing but I've really been thinking about a hog hunt recently also. where you headed? Friend of mine told me about a place called Hog Heaven down in South Carolina they went to and had a great time.

redhawk_hj

May 29, 2013
    montgomery county
    I am going to the place I do pheasant hunting in the winter called rose hill game preserve in culpepper va. the hogs are wild though so nothing is gaurenteed. the staff is awesome and will sit with you in your blind for your first night if you want... they did for me since it was my first wild game hunt. you are able to rent their rifles equipped with night vision scopes. if you want more info, PM me.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    I am going wild boar hunting on Friday for the third time this summer and hope to get one... :mad54: does anyone know of a local place that will process the hog? The place I am going to will skin and quarter it for me but that is about as far as they will go. I am not looking to drive too far, I heard of a place in Mt. Airy called clints cuts, but if there is anything closer that would be awesome.. :party29:

Do you pay to hunt or are they just trying to keep down the population? I wasn't aware there were wild hogs in VA. I take it they aren't processing the hog for you on site. I hunt in TX pretty regularly and we butcher our own hogs. Doesn't take much, just a propane torch, sawzall, pruning shears and a few knives. What are you looking for specific cuts packaged?

Doodads

May 29, 2011
    Sarasota
    Clint's Cuts' website says they process deer. There is Mt. Airy Locker, but it sounds like that is too far for you to go.

Sewer Rat

Ultimate Member
    250??? Thier guns? in VA.... You tell me who, and I will be more then happy to show you how to butcher a pig... done a ton of them in FL. Wife was saying how she misses having pig in the freezer.

As far as deer, Clints Cuts does an excellent job. they have done mine that I killed up here (deer). Its really not that much different between a pig and deer to butcher.. just follow the muscle.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    the cost is only 250 and Klunatic-- I sent you PM back. If you are in the MOCO area and want to show me how to butcher I wouldn't say no

Thanks for the info. I would be happy to help you butcher a hog, I'm in Moco just of Montrose and 270. Not much to it. Let me know when you plan on hunting and I will try to coordinate a butchering session. Been a little out of the loop lately dealing with a boat issue in my time off but I am free'd up now. Good luck hunting.

redhawk_hj

May 29, 2013
    montgomery county
    well I was hoping to go back this weekend but my hunting buddy is leaving town... so it will have to wait. but yeah the place is awesome, if you go just say hayden told you about it and he will take care of you.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I would like the info as well. I have family in Culpeper so I would have a place to stay free.

Funny thing is they raise organic pigs and make good money selling them on the hoof to a local butcher shop. I will have to see if their butcher will process wild game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom