• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    In the some of the drills and scenarios guns end up on the deck a lot, just not once in a while. Much of it involved combatives with a drawn gun. If I were doing regular stuff then I would not worry about the occasional dropped gun.

Even with the insert the front sight of a pistol will cut the hell out of your hand during weapon retention/disarm drills. Before we had blue guns we use to have to wear gloves.

Lots of what we do is dedicated to when and how to deploy the pistol from disadvantaged positions. To do this with force I prefer using a blue gun. When it comes to the running the gun the barrel insert is a great tool. - George

I totally agree, if you take your training seriously, you need a dummy gun (aka BlueGun), for all the reasons outlined above - especially for weapon retention/disarms training.

I'm pretty sure I've posted about this before.

I have a few laser inserts, and I'm considering buying a SIRT gun. Both Mid-Atlantic and Dukes Defense has them; thanks to both for letting me examine yours (and sharing the training tips!).

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You will like the sirt pistol..

I have not yet ajusted my trigger and the sights are poor but its still worth it IMHO..

Mag release is a bit to easy and no slide to work..

Best use only for trigger work as its not realistic for reloads.

I wish they would do this as a slide record replacement.. but I can't figure out how to force an automatic trigger reset..

Nothing is perfect... but man its fun and safe..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom