• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlbanianSKS

Why is it that some dealers refuse to accept a C&R. I figured they want to either make more money off of the buyer somehow or just dont know the law.Ive ran into a few places that dont honor ffl03 C&R, quincidently they also had elitist type attitude.I was under the assumption they had to honor it.Am I wrong?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Why is it that some dealers refuse to accept a C&R. I figured they want to either make more money off of the buyer somehow or just dont know the law.Ive ran into a few places that dont honor ffl03 C&R, quincidently they also had elitist type attitude.I was under the assumption they had to honor it.Am I wrong?

Nope, they don't have to honor it... they can chose not to do business with anyone they want and they can require a NICS and 4473 for every sale they do. C&R or not.

Mark

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    Nope, they don't have to honor it... they can chose not to do business with anyone they want and they can require a NICS and 4473 for every sale they do. C&R or not.

Mark

True by the law.... but if it's an online auction or sale from a must register site that would be guaranteed to generate a negeative feedback from me as a deadbeat seller.
    If they refuse to do legal buisness with a registered user they are a deadbeat and should get the negative feedback so other buyers can beware.
    I would also file a complaint with the auction site ;)

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I was under the impression that MD doesnt recognize a C&R for in state transactions. Does this mean I can sell a pistol ftf in MD to someone with a C&R?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If an FFL doesn't like it it could be because he feels you're taking food out of his mouth. With an 03 you need his services less.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I was under the impression that MD doesnt recognize a C&R for in state transactions. Does this mean I can sell a pistol ftf in MD to someone with a C&R?

Maryland in-state handgun transfers, even C&R's, must be done through an FFL or the MSP, even if both parties have a C&R license.

Intra-state C&R handgun transfers can be done between C&R licensees, no problem, provided possession or importation of the handgun isn't otherwise prohibited by the receiver's state or local laws. So you couldn't receive a C&R firearm that was on Maryland's 'assault pistol' list.

This letter sums up the 'unofficial' position on the matter by the State's Attorney's office.

Attachments

• aagbowencandr.pdf
      1.4 MB · Views: 156

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom