Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    WASR I bought 2 years ago:

Canted sights
    Lots of magazine rattle because they cut the magwell too large

Problems on ones I passed on included the above and:
    Bolts that stick to the rear
    Scratched to hell

You can find an acceptable one, you just have to look at what you are buying first. That must be said for most Century rifles.

I didn't say they were perfect but post-2008 WASR's are still much better than the old ones. What date was on the trunnion that would explain a lot.

How much is too much mag wobble? Remember AK specs including the magwell are made to be loose to compensate for reliability and different magazines profiles.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    What are the thoughts of the sar-1 ? It's also imported by cai ..

They are decent and have dimples to make it look nicer but are still military reject parts guns. If you like having a threaded muzzle and a bayonet lug they won't have them. Also they are notorious for trigger slap so be prepared to replace the trigger group unless the original owner did.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I didn't say they were perfect but post-2008 WASR's are still much better than the old ones. What date was on the trunnion that would explain a lot.

How much is too much mag wobble? Remember AK specs including the magwell are made to be loose to compensate for reliability and different magazines profiles.

Sold it so I couldn't tell you.

The mag wobble didn't affect the function but was significantly larger than my SGL 20.

I definitely agree that the OP can get a good WASR, he just needs to look at it in person if he wants to guarantee this.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    They are decent and have dimples to make it look nicer but are still military reject parts guns. If you like having a threaded muzzle and a bayonet lug they won't have them. Also they are notorious for trigger slap so be prepared to replace the trigger group unless the original owner did.

i think the whole 'reject' parts thing is a myth

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    What are the thoughts of the sar-1 ? It's also imported by cai ..

one of my favorites. great bang for the buck if your handy. if you have a vice, press, punches and some time you can fix any canted barrel parts and threading the barrel is easy. you can also weld the ears back on the bayo lug or simply press on the correct one from apex etc
    here is one i fixed up last year:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=83608

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    Any more suggestions? The only reason im being so persistent on asking is because if I buy one and its junk then I wont be able to buy another again.. I would be a little disappointed

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    I google it and seen complaints of the sgl21 getting very inaccurate after a while of shooting rounds threw it..
    The m10 people say the barrels wear down over time

Are these typical with all aks or what?

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    I google it and seen complaints of the sgl21 getting very inaccurate after a while of shooting rounds threw it..
    The m10 people say the barrels wear down over time

Are these typical with all aks or what?

That's typical of every semi-auto firearm if a lot of rounds are shot within a short period of time it's basic physics.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    They are not bad guns, sure its century they have made some duds but if yours isnt canted and goes bang dont worry be happy.

Now that said, when you start comparing them to pre-ban Norincos and Arsenals they look well................sort of like comparing a Malibu to a Corvette.

But thats ok, you get what you pay for............and they work like an AK should.

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    One of my friends has a century (not sure what kind) and another has some kind of wasr10.. they are awesome and function well.. I just wanna get a good ak for cheap and I hear all these bad stories online all the time.. I will likly order online because all these ffls are gouging so bad its rediculous (my buddy paid 1500 for his century) and I dont wanna get some POS ..
    Just wish there was some place I could get a decent one for not a ton a cash

Edit to add : am I just being paranoid?

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    One of my friends has a century (not sure what kind) and another has some kind of wasr10.. they are awesome and function well.. I just wanna get a good ak for cheap and I hear all these bad stories online all the time.. I will likly order online because all these ffls are gouging so bad its rediculous (my buddy paid 1500 for his century) and I dont wanna get some POS ..
    Just wish there was some place I could get a decent one for not a ton a cash

Edit to add : am I just being paranoid?

I know Engage was selling SGLs (Arsenals) for ~$1400 a month or two ago... Caveat Emptor. Sucks to hear someone paid nearly triple what he should have. That's like buying a GLOCK 17 for $1500... :sad20:

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom