• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Just had a long weekend at Little Orleans with 3 brother and 10 sons/nephews. Kayak'd/Canoed down from Bonds Landing. Ton of small mouth and a few beverages. Good days Friday and Saturday, although got hammered by the rain Friday afternoon. View attachment 418953 View attachment 418954 View attachment 418955 View attachment 418956 View attachment 418957 View attachment 418958 View attachment 418959
    Good times! That's a stretch I've never fished before. Looks sweet!

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    16875601253188256578432675462333.jpg

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Gunpowder river area, spinnerbait
    I used to fish up there a lot but haven't been there in about 15 years. Fished out of Dundee creek at the public ramp. there was always lots of grass there. I had heard the fishing was bad there for several years. Do you know what it is like there now? Grass? I fished an ABA tournament there one year and won the lunker pot ($600) with a 6lber. Caught it on a spinnerbait.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I used to fish up there a lot but haven't been there in about 15 years. Fished out of Dundee creek at the public ramp. there was always lots of grass there. I had heard the fishing was bad there for several years. Do you know what it is like there now? Grass? I fished an ABA tournament there one year and won the lunker pot ($600) with a 6lber. Caught it on a spinnerbait.
    Yeah, it sucked for a long time. But, the grass is back in Dundee and so are the bass. In fact Middle river, Seneca, and the GP area are back. Much to do with the serious stocking program that has been going on for years by Scott Sewall and the Middle River bass Anglers. They used to stock fingerlings along with the DNR but they don't handle the salinity well during dry spells or bigger fish eat them. They started buying 1-2 pound fish for stocking and the last time it costs about $25.00 per fish.
    My fear is the guy's fishing bigger tnxs out of the Upper reaches of the Bay will come back down to these waters to avoid the crowds and wipe it out again. But for now, it's fishing great again.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Yeah, it sucked for a long time. But, the grass is back in Dundee and so are the bass. In fact Middle river, Seneca, and the GP area are back. Much to do with the serious stocking program that has been going on for years by Scott Sewall and the Middle River bass Anglers. They used to stock fingerlings along with the DNR but they don't handle the salinity well during dry spells or bigger fish eat them. They started buying 1-2 pound fish for stocking and the last time it costs about $25.00 per fish.
    My fear is the guy's fishing bigger tnxs out of the Upper reaches of the Bay will come back down to these waters to avoid the crowds and wipe it out again. But for now, it's fishing great again.
    I don't do the tournaments anymore but still really enjoy fishing. I will have to get back up there sometime soon and see how I do. I would love a topwater bite. It is hard to find some where close to Pasadena to fish grass. The closest I can think of would be the Potomac from Mattawoman down. We had fished out of Ft. Washington and Piscataway a lot but the grass isn't there like it used to be. I try to stay away from the eastern shore on weekends due to the OC traffic. I guess the only down side to Dundee is going to be all the tolls. Thanks for the update on Dundee.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The wife and I just got back from taking my wife’s friend and her 6 year old fishing. The 3 year old changed his mind and didn’t come, hopefully next time.

Ended up fishing in the Severn, at dead low tide and got caught in 3 thunderstorms lol.

Anyways, the young man caught quite a few fish including one very large perch and several bluegills and some very small croakers and even several very large minnows. The young lady and my wife both caught a good mess of fish also.

They never stopped fishing even in the thick of the storms even though I cautioned against it. The young man looks forward to fishing so much I couldn’t just stop him from having such a good time, but had the lightening gotten closer I would have.

Anyway a good time was had by all.

It’s funny how something as small as a few hours of fishing can make a child so happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom