• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Someone said you had to have a VA license to use VA ramps this year...you hear anything about that?

Related...do you need a VA license to fish the tribs of the Potomac that are on the VA side? i'm gonna check on thrse
    That may be new. I sold my boat over 14 years ago so, I couldn't tell ya.

There are boundaries in the Va. tribs IIRC. I held a Va. license, but was never checked while fishing.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    That may be new. I sold my boat over 14 years ago so, I couldn't tell ya.

There are boundaries in the Va. tribs IIRC. I held a Va. license, but was never checked while fishing.
    they have signs out now saying you cant use the ramp unless you are launching a boat or actively fishing...i think someone was misinterpreting that. i didn't find anything on df&w website on it.

you're retired now...time for a new boat!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    they have signs out now saying you cant use the ramp unless you are launching a boat or actively fishing...i think someone was misinterpreting that. i didn't find anything on df&w website on it.

you're retired now...time for a new boat!
    Wish I could afford one! :lol2:
    The good ol' days...

1000001392.jpg

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Too much waste for my liking, but yeah, I got no bones to pick with those who filet :D
    Back when I used to kill trout, these were stream bred Browns, I would slow fry them in a pan of bacon grease. They were so tender, you could grab the tail and tease the meat right off the bones, skin and all. I miss those days, but had I not finally stopped keeping legal fish(over 15", one per day), I would have decimated them from the creek.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Back when I used to kill trout, these were stream bred Browns, I would slow fry them in a pan of bacon grease. They were so tender, you could grab the tail and tease the meat right off the bones, skin and all. I miss those days, but had I not finally stopped keeping legal fish(over 15", one per day), I would have decimated them from the creek.
    I used to do that at little Patuxent River. One over 15" per day. Caught many browns and a few big Rainbows. Did best after a small rain and seemed they were feeding better then. Used lures of course. Sometimes Fly fishing

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom