Who Wants to Help US Shut Down Annapolis Again?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/politics/bs-md-gun-day-20160309-story.html

The story is spun the way you'd expect... :sad20:

This is the Demanding Moms Bloomberg contingent - maybe 20 in all:

1200x675

The picture doesn't show the guy dressed in colonial clothes (Benedict Arnold maybe?) and his similarly-attired wife playing "dress up" in Lawyer's Mall.

The sign in the picture was on little post cards in each Senator's office. It says, "Why do you need a background check to buy this gun?" (next to the handgun) and "But not this one?" (next to the shotgun).

It is put out by everytown and had a gentleman's name on it from Marriottsville. (It has his name and address on it).

It shows how truly misinformed they really are. Guess they never heard of NICS?

My Senator handed me one with a chuckle and threw the rest in the trash.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The sign in the picture was on little post cards in each Senator's office. It says, "Why do you need a background check to buy this gun?" (next to the handgun) and "But not this one?" (next to the shotgun).

It is put out by everytown and had a gentleman's name on it from Marriottsville. (It has his name and address on it).

It shows how truly misinformed they really are. Guess they never heard of NICS?

My Senator handed me one with a chuckle and threw the rest in the trash.

That's easy: Because the proverbial camel's nose got into the tent.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I did notice after some research that some of the MSM outlets did show the actual size of the MDA "crowd" (I think the tourists kept wandering away). A couple used the tag "Hundreds" to sort of describe us on the sidewalk and in the seats.

We ARE having an effect on the media.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    That's easy: Because the proverbial camel's nose got into the tent.

Nose,hell, that camel has been sh!tting ALL OVER Maryland for decades!

I did notice after some research that some of the MSM outlets did show the actual size of the MDA "crowd" (I think the tourists kept wandering away). A couple used the tag "Hundreds" to sort of describe us on the sidewalk and in the seats.

We ARE having an effect on the media.

They also knew the true size of our turnout in 2013. I have recently seen a couple of news reports about this year's bills using some file footage which was obviously taken on Lawyer's Mall of our crowd in '13 but has never been broadcast before. It was only a few seconds during a voice over, but it was recognizable.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Junk Science

I hear the statistic that colleges that allow CCW create more crime. The correlation they are implying is junk science. One could argue people carry on campus because it is already an inherently a high crime campus.

The hunter from Mardela Springs, wonder if he's ever been to a cocktail party in Bethesda. It will not stop where he thinks it will..

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I hear the statistic that colleges that allow CCW create more crime. The correlation they are implying is junk science. One could argue people carry on campus because it is already an inherently a high crime campus.

The hunter from Mardela Springs, wonder if he's ever been to a cocktail party in Bethesda. It will not stop where he thinks it will..

There are studies out there which disprove the assertion that CCW increases crime. Studies with good data. Wish I had that info on Wed.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Anyone who can make it to Lawyers Mall this morning--we are confronting legislators with signs on the sidewalk over this non-sensical Gun Free College Campus bill that is up for a vote today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      82.6 KB · Views: 458

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Why would that guy need a mic and loud speaker to talk to a "crowd" of 20 people and a half dozen "journalist.":shrug:

He's trying to shout us down. It didn't work. Their crappy PA system made it sound like they were trying to declare war on Bermuda or something like that. Overdriving a cheap four-inch speaker does that...

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    For folks interested in what's up next for the Patriot Picket in front of the Legislature:

With rain in the forecast for Monday and Tuesday we will show that WE ARE NOT FAIR-WEATHER FRIENDS OF 2A.... SO WE WILL PICKET IN THE RAIN. Anyone witnessing this will know that we mean business.

In a driving rain, the morning protests on Rowe Blvd and Taylor Avenue could be dangerous, so we will only proceed if we encounter a drizzle at 7:30am, and not a downpour. Same for Tuesday morning on Rowe Blvd at 7:30am.

We definitely encourage you to join the Patriot Picket at Lawyer's Mall on MONDAY NIGHT from 7-8pm, again with a raincoat and a waterproof sign--either your sign or one of ours as the legislators convene their regular Monday night session.

Same for Tuesday morning at Lawyer's Mall at 9:15am--raincoat and waterproof sign.

All the remaining firearm bills are before the House Judiciary committee at 1pm except for the Terror Watch bill, which will come up on Wednesday at 1pm

Wednesday morning, with sunshine expected we will protest specifically about the civil rights injustice embedded in the Terror Watch bill on Rowe Blvd 7:30-9am, and then again at Lawyer's Mall from 9:15am on.

To make your own waterproof sign check out the photo below. It doesn't have to be big because legislators will walk only feet from you. Put two layers of cardboard from a throwaway box inside a large white kitchen trash bag , cut off the excess and seal it packing tape. Going round all four edges is even better. Then write your message with Sharpie permanent markers and presto, a waterproof sign to hit the street with!

Thanks for any time you can give to this crucial effort at a critical time for 2A rights. The Anti's effort to keep us off-balance with numerous schedule changes is NO accident. We fight on against whatever these corrupt nutcases at the Statehouse throw at us. IT'S WHAT WE DO.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      61.2 KB · Views: 399
    Last edited:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    thanks for your tireless efforts R&R.

has sitting as a group with your backs to the legislators wearing pro2A garb peaceably ever been attempted?

say for example we pick any day (doesnt even have to be a gun bill day), put on some tshirts and fill the galleries of both committees. dont testify, just sit with your backs to them with a message to them on shirts (that could be coordinated or simple 2A msgs). maybe do it more than once. get there early and stuff it up.

their response could be interesting. along with the rack pack efforts, they wont be able to escape the pro2A folks. you know they breathe a sigh of relief the days those hearings are over. but alas....

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    thanks for your tireless efforts R&R.

has sitting as a group with your backs to the legislators wearing pro2A garb peaceably ever been attempted?

say for example we pick any day (doesnt even have to be a gun bill day), put on some tshirts and fill the galleries of both committees. dont testify, just sit with your backs to them with a message to them on shirts (that could be coordinated or simple 2A msgs). maybe do it more than once. get there early and stuff it up.

their response could be interesting. along with the rack pack efforts, they wont be able to escape the pro2A folks. you know they breathe a sigh of relief the days those hearings are over. but alas....

Most of the NRA shirts that are available would work very well for this. Also a lot of the ones we see at gun shows. ESPECIALLY the really snakey ones ;)

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Most of the NRA shirts that are available would work very well for this. Also a lot of the ones we see at gun shows. ESPECIALLY the really snakey ones ;)

maybe a 2A week of back sit-ins for the HJC and SJPC...

think we could pull it off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom