• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Now that I have applied for my carry permit I am looking for an automatic for EDC. Someone posted an online shop that will ship to anybody, but I can only find places that require you to be an LE.

Any recommendations would also be welcome. Not a big fan of OTF abd I carry a Benchmade Bugout most of the time. Just to narrow it down a bit.

Thanks

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Thank you gentlemen. I'm headed down to Richmond this week so I will check out Vienna Arsenal.

Also plan on stopping by the Classic edge in Midlothian

Last edited:

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Thank you gentlemen. I'm headed down to Richmond this week so I will check out Vienna Arsenal.

Also plan on stopping by the Classic edge in Midlothian
    Made the trip to Vienna Arsenal a few weeks ago for an OTF Microtech on a whim. Excellent selection in stock. I was formerly had a sketchy view of OTFs. After handling one for the last few weeks, my opinion has changed dramatically.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've bought from Eknives and Southern Edges with no problems.

Be aware that if a Benchmade automatic needs repairs, you might not be getting it back from Benchmade unless you're LEO or military.

Automatics are verboten in PA and other places. I don't think a permit would be acceptable there.

Here's a good source of info regarding knife laws:
    https://www.akti.org/legislation/finding-knife-laws/

It's too bad that West Side Story scared all the proto-Karens back in the 1950s, and generated all the knife panic. We're still dealing with that nonsense.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    DLT Trading does. I just got myself a Microtech Ultratech Jedi Knight :)

@teratos , they have the Jedi Knight and Sith Lord still in stock. Get in on this lol.

dpotter58

Oct 21, 2008
    north compton md.
    I've bought from Eknives and Southern Edges with no problems.

Be aware that if a Benchmade automatic needs repairs, you might not be getting it back from Benchmade unless you're LEO or military.

Automatics are verboten in PA and other places. I don't think a permit would be acceptable there.

Here's a good source of info regarding knife laws:
    https://www.akti.org/legislation/finding-knife-laws/

It's too bad that West Side Story scared all the proto-Karens back in the 1950s, and generated all the knife panic. We're still dealing with that nonsense.
    Have a dealer send it, no problem. Ye ol cutlery in Calvert County does it. They sell them as well

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    My experience is that most sell to MD without issue. I have 4 OTF knives from 4 online vendors. Only 1 told me they wouldn’t ship to MD. So my limited experience is that 80% of vendors ship to MD.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    My experience is that most sell to MD without issue. I have 4 OTF knives from 4 online vendors. Only 1 told me they wouldn’t ship to MD. So my limited experience is that 80% of vendors ship to MD.
    I know Knifecenter and BladeHQ will not, most of the big vendors won’t in my experience.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Grindworx.com will, but you have to check the circle that says you are a bona fide dealer (#4 I think)

May or may not have done this several times

:innocent0

Or go to Vienna arsenal in Vienna VA

100% legal and they are good people

2X on Vienna Arsenal. They've usually got a good stock that you can put your hands on. It's nice handling before buying.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    KershawGuy.com will ship. And he has blems at good prices. Mostly Kershaw knives, of course.

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    Haven't tried in a few years. My experience has been that most will ship unless they state up front that they require an official letter head. They all state it's up to you to obey your state laws about possession and carry.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Look at Arizona Custom Knives

Attachments

• 20221009_183305.jpg
      20221009_183305.jpg
      270.4 KB · Views: 123
    Last edited:

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I may have a few from BladeHQ actually. May be stopping by Vienna Arsenal today, looked up this thread for the name, they don't open till high noon.
    Blade HQ now requires you to check a box saying you affirm you are a LEO or purchasing agent for a LE agency.
    I use BladeOps now, since Blade HQ went stupid. Just got a nice Boker slim from them; would love a Microtech OTF, but the $$$ is higher than I want right now.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Eknives will. Great microtech selection if you’re into that. Pvkvegas also is good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom