• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Do you support universal background checks on all gun purchases?

• Yes

Votes: 32 8.8%
    • No

Votes: 330 91.2%

• Total voters

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'd be OK with a NICS check for all purchases. But only if there's no records kept. I would prefer none, but lets face it, guns are making it into the wrong hands. Not all of them by theft. We suffer every time one gets used in a crime. If we don't come up with a good solution, the antis will come up with a bad one! Anybody hear about what just happened in Maryland?

matt

No one special
    Apr 9, 2011
    Simple solution- you as buyer complete Background check- utilizing a gov issued ID (passport number, drivers license, etc) to include all fields on the 4473- if approved - a "receipt" is printed. That receipt has a 1 time verification code-with a buyer password. If authenticated- that code will bring up a page with a "approved" and the DL/Passport number/ID used for the seller to confirm- seller confirms with physical ID presented.
    Page deleted, transaction completed.

(And let's remember- this will only affect those that play with in the laws.)

RwWilly

Jan 1, 2013
    Harford, Kingsville
    The real problem is that 92% of my wife's friends don't know that there is a background check already in place. the question and the way the media portray it is skewed out of the gate.
    They think you walk into a gun shop and walk out with any gun they sell. Just like buying socks.
    That is where the word (truth) is not getting out.
    THAT THERE ARE CHECKS IN PLACE ALREADY!

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    all for what ever background check the want , they want to keep a record of what I own sure go right ahead

once you require the same background check fingerprint / iris check for voting .
    Require training and licensing to have children , after all they want to reduce crime lets start at the very beginning

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Do you support universal background checks on all gun purchases?

Yes, I support universal NICS checks for all gun purchases.

Last edited:

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    You had better do a little research into what the fed background check bill has in it. It's really, really bad! Don't let the misnomer of universal background checks fool you!

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    Hmmm... Despite the poll there does seem to be a lot of support for universal background checks... The problem is how it will be implemented... It not what you think of "NICS" checks on every transaction. It more restrictive and teh system itself is not open to the public. They are also trying to tack on the "Assault Weapons Ban" and "10 round Magazine limit" to pass along with it undercover.

A lot of you said "I support universal background checks but..." Nothing after the "but" matters when they write the law or when they take your opinion on the poll. You just expressed support for universal background checks. You are the 92%.

I support the current NCIS check system.

If our politicians require anything more wrt background checks for firearms they also need to require citizenship and criminal background checks for voting privileges, or for state/federal aid requests.

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I am against any further restrictions of any sort. We need to repeal a hefty amount of the gun laws we currently have.

IMO, this is more a societal problem than a gun problem. Everyone wants to be inclusive of every behavior. It's called relativism and is reflective of the "who cares" and "not my problem" mindset. People don't have pride in anything anymore. We all sit back and say "live and let live" and "if it feels good, do it." How about someone standing up for truth for once? This MDGA is ridiculous, but it is only reflective of our society.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    I could have voted yes.

However, I can't trust them.

Universal background checks CAN BE done without creating a registry, but I do not trust them to "do the right thing".

Look at MD, supposedly data is destroyed and not kept, yet we know they have a registry built from background check data.

No trust == no background checks

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    I am against any further restrictions of any sort. We need to repeal a hefty amount of the gun laws we currently have.

IMO, this is more a societal problem than a gun problem. Everyone wants to be inclusive of every behavior. It's called relativism and is reflective of the "who cares" and "not my problem" mindset. People don't have pride in anything anymore. We all sit back and say "live and let live" and "if it feels good, do it." How about someone standing up for truth for once? This MDGA is ridiculous, but it is only reflective of our society.

Yep, we have IMO, big Spiritual problems right now, and again IMO manifests it's self in ways that you have described.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom