• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mickey

Lurker
    Sep 25, 2009
    +1 for Greenridge. Camping, atv riding, and shooting in a weekend. Less than 3 hour drive.

LowRecoil

Federalist
    Mar 18, 2007
    Harford
    Kohburn- Any suggestions on where to canoe camp?

Backpacking is so much better than regular camping- your wife doesn't know what she is missing. There have been trips where I camp on cliff tops, edges of lakes, above the tree lines in mountains, and the view you get, with the stars, or with sunrise and sunset is something you never get from a campground. It's like snorkleing compared to scuba diving- one is just much more enjoyable than the other.

buffalobob

Dec 10, 2009
    DC
    Just got back from 3 days at Hamilton Ridge WMA S.C.

loaded1.jpg

SCwma8.jpg

benc4liberty

Freedom4theFreeState
    Jan 17, 2009
    I'm DYING to go camping, but I hate campgrounds. I also do not like having to hike in. Also, when I camp I want to have a rifle leaning against a tree after a day of target shooting at camp.

I have yet to find such a place this side of the Mississippi. :sad20:

Agreed. That is what I loved most about living in San Diego, CA...an hour east, and you're in the desert, surrounded by nothing, with plenty of space to shoot, and no one to care! Damn, I miss it.

I'm ready to go camping, have the camper all ready to go. Just let me know when.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Going with the Boy Scouts this weekend. Of course it's going to rain Friday:sad20:
    We have a saying in our troop "if it aint damp, it aint camp".

brianluck

village idiot
    May 28, 2009
    lansdowne
    I really don't camp much, mostly due to the fact that my ex refused to go. Sadly for me the return of warm weather means an end to hiking season. Maybe I pick up some new camping gear this Spring and get back into it.

its a requirement that girls i date camp!

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    I LOVE the North Branch of the Susquehanna...world class smallmouth, gigantic mosquitoes and all the rattlesnake you can eat.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    The West Branch is also fun but it's a dead river from mining runoff. On the brighter side the rattlesnake population is out of control which makes for interesting mornings and running up on shore to drop a deuce. I was up there with a couple buddies during the NYC blackout and I remember coming home and people telling us about it. My only reply was "really? didn't notice" lol. A little tip, if you're going on an extended, middle of nowhere canoe trip try not to get the flu the day you leave. Two of us almost didn't make it home lol.

Justpassing

Anti-Anti-Gun
    The West Branch is also fun but it's a dead river from mining runoff. On the brighter side the rattlesnake population is out of control which makes for interesting mornings and running up on shore to drop a deuce. I was up there with a couple buddies during the NYC blackout and I remember coming home and people telling us about it. My only reply was "really? didn't notice" lol. A little tip, if you're going on an extended, middle of nowhere canoe trip try not to get the flu the day you leave. Two of us almost didn't make it home lol.

Sounds pretty fun, looking for something to take me out for couple of days away from everything.

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    I love camping although I have not been in a few years, I even love to camp in the rain. working slowly on building something similar this:
    001.jpg

002.jpg

JVL_2813.jpg

005.jpg

Awning003.jpg

JimSchmidt

Apr 6, 2010
    I'm looking forward to getting out there again this year-although my family says it ain't camping since I have a fifth wheel. I spend the month of June at Assateague State Park as a volunteer camp host. In Garrett County there is a public range not far from Deep Creek Lake Park. $5 I think for the day's use.

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    Well I see someone knows how to build things!! :thumbsup: Wife and I love camping, would love to have a cabin in the woods, Like Norton, great job! We purchased this camper back in January, we had the pupop sold was talking to have MD inspection when this happened less then a mile from my home! just my luck, first trip is to Rockahock campground in VA.

Attachments

• nwcp.jpg
      nwcp.jpg
      17.7 KB · Views: 103
    • cp1.jpg
      cp1.jpg
      100 KB · Views: 101

jac43k

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2010
    Taneytown, MD
    The insurance company for the person that hit the camper totaled it and picked up about a week ago, Progressive insurance, I was told they have it in a totaled lot somewhere in Baltimore County where people can buy totaled vehicles, they told me I could buy it back for $200.00.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Im thinking it might be this lot that that was right at baltimore county/city line, was near the wagon wheel if i remember correctly, but that where they towed my Pickup truck when i flipped it on 95 right by the rosedale exit. I called my buddy to too if he remembers what the road is called, ill let ya know if he gets back to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom