• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I'm a fellow flip also, which explain why I have an unwarranted "h" in my name. I'm totally assimilated (as all immigrants should be if they choose to be a citizen of this great land... even served as a jarhead). Between me and my dad we have 35 years of services to this country.

Jhason

cool.. i was going to join the military after high school.. but i was (still am lazy). :)

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    This is turning into a very interesting read about our Fathers. Here mine:party29:

My dad and his younger brother (they were 18 and 19 yrs old) where part of the Phillipines Scout during the the WW2. One day he saw some soldiers loading all sort of war equipment (Howitzers, jeeps, Sherman tanks, bulldozers) on to a flat barge , take them to sea and push them over. He ask his officer what is going on. His officer answered back” Sal, I forgot to tell you the war is over, take a truck fill it up with anything you see here, go home and have a good life”. He and his brother loaded up 1 truck with food stuff, med supplies and even those folding cots and they loaded another 6x6 truck with crates and crates of M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, 1911 colts and some Liberators, Thompson sub mguns. I am talking about 100 guns total and mounds of ammo, some are on bandoliers.

Now we all know that civilians cannot own these types of guns in the PI. I talk to a few American importers, if they can import those beauties here. They all told me that it is not a large quantity that I can’t make money off it, plus I will be in danger or the family to go to jail for owning such weapons illegally. The last time I saw those guns was 1981 before I came here. Most of them are all individually wrap in an oily thick brown paper and are in a green wooden crates and are in very good condition. So anybody want to go there and smuggle it in? No just kidding, it is not worht it.:D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Born in Seoul, ROK. Raised in Long Island. My dad fought alongside American troops in the Korean Conflict. We came here to get away from the Commies. Ironically, now this country is ruled by one. My Dad's probably turning over in his grave.

Wow, I had no idea that there were so many Asians here. I thought I was the only one.

Nothing beats a Korean beef BBQ with Kimchee on the side!

panjan(sp?) = side dishes.. i shared a house w/ my korean tkd instructor.. thats all he eats and ramen noodles (dont know why he loves them noodles).:D

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    This is turning into a very interesting read about our Fathers. Here mine:party29:

My dad and his younger brother (they were 18 and 19 yrs old) where part of the Phillipines Scout during the the WW2. One day he saw some soldiers loading all sort of war equipment (Howitzers, jeeps, Sherman tanks, bulldozers) on to a flat barge , take them to sea and push them over. He ask his officer what is going on. His officer answered back” Sal, I forgot to tell you the war is over, take a truck fill it up with anything you see here, go home and have a good life”. He and his brother loaded up 1 truck with food stuff, med supplies and even those folding cots and they loaded another 6x6 truck with crates and crates of M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, 1911 colts and some Liberators, Thompson sub mguns. I am talking about 100 guns total and mounds of ammo, some are on bandoliers.

Now we all know that civilians cannot own these types of guns in the PI. I talk to a few American importers, if they can import those beauties here. They all told me that it is not a large quantity that I can’t make money off it, plus I will be in danger or the family to go to jail for owning such weapons illegally. The last time I saw those guns was 1981 before I came here. Most of them are all individually wrap in an oily thick brown paper and are in a green wooden crates and are in very good condition. So anybody want to go there and smuggle it in? No just kidding, it is not worht it.:D

i wont mind owning some of those.. :)

when are you going back and sneak some in..hahaha

MikeH

May 9, 2005
    Kumusta mga kaibigan! I'm originally from Taiwan, but I partly grew up and went to college in Manila.

We lived in Mandaluyong for a few years. Outside, of course, not inside. :)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I was stationed in Yokosuka Japan for three years does can I get an honorary Filipino pass for the pancit?

In case any of you non-squids know. Yokosuka has a big concentration of people from PI. Like 32nd street in San Diego. Some might think that there's a lot of PI guys/gals in Norfolk but not nearly as much as Japan.

So my question stands... I need me some Pancit and I only know of 1 pinoy here and I work with him. He's only 20 and lives with his parents plus he's americanized so he doesnt know how to cook the basics. My old boss lives too far away and again, he's son of the ex-major of the Manila or Cebu and his family is all hooked up with politics over there so he doesnt know how to cook either. He lives off Ramen and take out.

H E L P me with ze Pancit! After three years of having all sorts of pinoy food I have not had any since 2002!

http://www.filipinofoodrecipes.net/pansit_bihon.htm <-typical pancit.. but there are so many variation.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancit

berjepalon

May 18, 2009
    Chester, MD
    Been lurking here a few weeks but when I saw this thread had to join and jump in.

I'm 1/2 filipino. Dad was in the Navy, mom is from Canaman outside Naga City in Becol (sp?). But they met in Philly of all places.

My two daughters are 1/4 filipino. Oldest loves asian food like Sio Pao, Sushi and sticky rice, youngest daughter not so much but both simply love Korean Bulgogi.

Its so funny because I'm more brown skin than other half half flips and my daughters are very fair though the flip facial traits are noticiable to me. But when my daughters are with my mom in and around Laurel and Columbia, filipinos walk up to her all the time to ask whose children she has. And she tells them they are her grandbabies and that they are mestizo.

My sister makes some rockin' lumpia and my mom can make sio pao but doesn't because it take so long to make.

Oh yeah, and I dig guns. :D

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Kumusta mga kaibigan! I'm originally from Taiwan, but I partly grew up and went to college in Manila.

We lived in Mandaluyong for a few years. Outside, of course, not inside. :)

I was born in Mandaluyong:thumbsup: we lived with my Lola in Manila until we moved here.

we should go setup a m.g.e (meet and greet and EAT!!). :)

I"m in!!! I like the eat part!!:D

txiyo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 18, 2008
    It OK man.

Being an Asian with slant eyes makes us see the world from a different angle. WIDESCREEN. ( Letterbox for young Asian kids). Its true, When my wife cusses me out. I see subtitles.

This also gives us the ability of monitoring both side mirrors at the same time, Dont have to squint in bright sunlight, use less eyedrops and everyone thinks we do Bruce Lee martial arts. ( The fact is, I dont do martial arts, thats why I own a gun). Only drawback to that is I have to look up to see the traffic lights. ( Hence, Asians are bad drivers- they compensate for that by making good cars)

That is good, I understand.

what is this thread about though? I heard CREASP and then it went to food and not it is about family history?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom