• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I can't get into info I've got but when the rest comes out it will be intresting. Just wait a few days.

For the record I have no affiliation with this incident.....just some knowledge.

Understood.

The pieces I'm hearing seem to point to a delirious, angry man, who probably has a pretty wide paranoid streak.

The big question I have, is that I'd love to know why this guy wasn't turned into a chew toy.

I have other suspicions as well, but I won't djinn up speculation at this point.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I can't get into info I've got but when the rest comes out it will be intresting. Just wait a few days.

For the record I have no affiliation with this incident.....just some knowledge.

You mean the weapons "cache" bit? ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/23/u...s-arrested-in-july-with-trove-of-weapons.html

-2 hatchets
    -1 machete
    -800 rounds of ammo
    And in a previous traffic stop in July ---
    -11 guns (at least some hidden)
    including
    -4 rifles
    -4 semiautomatic handguns
    -2 shotguns (one sawed off)
    -1 revolver
    (and a partridge in a pear tree)

EDIT: should have mentioned on his first stop in July, he also had a map of the WH, so was on the radar of the SS thereafter

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Just saw a new video angle on the fence jumper--looks to be from a roof camera at the US Chamber of Commerce.

It shows a white-shirted uniformed Secret Service officer draw down on the fence jumper just as both of them reached the area of the front door. The door was unlocked and the jumper invited himself in. As we know, no rounds fired.

Seconds earlier, it appeared that an officer in black tactical drew his weapon on the fence jumper when he arrived at the hedges just outside the front door to the White House. That confrontation is much harder to see against the dark hedges but it appears to be the case.

Imagine if a dozen terrorists converged on the White House fence from all directions. At least a few would have gotten inside that unlocked front door and shot up the place, providing a tragic propaganda victory.

The Secret Service now confirms that the front door is now LOCKED. In view of recent threats from overseas, the Secret Service got lucky this time.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I don't see what the big deal is. Just call 911, right? The police will be there to catch him in 10-20 minutes, maybe. Everyone should just hide and wait. If he finds you, just cry, defecate your panties and vomit on him. What's there to worry about? :innocent0

Rob

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    You mean the weapons "cache" bit? ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/23/u...s-arrested-in-july-with-trove-of-weapons.html

-2 hatchets
    -1 machete
    -800 rounds of ammo
    And in a previous traffic stop in July ---
    -11 guns (at least some hidden)
    including
    -4 rifles
    -4 semiautomatic handguns
    -2 shotguns (one sawed off)
    -1 revolver
    (and a partridge in a pear tree)

EDIT: should have mentioned on his first stop in July, he also had a map of the WH, so was on the radar of the SS thereafter

No there is more searching going on.....

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Imagine if a dozen terrorists converged on the White House fence from all directions. At least a few would have gotten inside that unlocked front door and shot up the place, providing a great propaganda victory.

The Secret Service now confirms that the front door is now LOCKED. In view of recent threats from overseas, the Secret Service got lucky this time.

Watch the movie Olympus Has Fallen where dozens of "tourists" standing outside the WH fence pull all kinds of neat black guns out of their "tourist" backpacks. Now imagine if there were several tour buses full of these "tourists." You could have a couple of hundred people lay siege to the White House.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    As often as it is used, it sounds like they felt it too big a hassle.

Look for 100% badge-in-badge-out at all exterior doors in fairly short order.
    I am betting on - look for "The People's House" to be no longer accessible by The People at all, with a two-block radius exclusion zone with anal-probes before non-politically connected visitors are even allowed anywhere nearby to take pictures and all nearby buildings within the radius subject to federal takeover and the same anal-probing for entry and exit. (only slightly sarcastic)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I am betting on - look for "The People's House" to be no longer accessible by The People at all, with a two-block radius exclusion zone with anal-probes before non-politically connected visitors are even allowed anywhere nearby to take pictures and all nearby buildings within the radius subject to federal takeover and the same anal-probing for entry and exit. (only slightly sarcastic)

A Post columnist argues that further restricting access would be a nonsensical response to mistakes made in security protocols ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...256-11e4-9a15-137aa0153527_story.html?hpid=z1

... if she runs with this frame of thinking, she could make the same argument against further gun control. :innocent0

Mike H

Jan 9, 2013
    I'd venture that the fence jumpers weren't shot because the lookouts -- or whatever their title is -- radioed that they could not see a weapon. Everybody that enters the park across from the White House, let alone the sidewalk in front of the building itself, is under surveillance. I remember reading about this in a couple of books (fiction and non-fiction) but didn't believe it until something happened to a couple of federal agents that I knew.

Until I retired last year, my office was two blocks east of the WH. A few years ago two Postal Inspectors flew in to town for a meeting with me. They had some time to burn, so they took a walk that ended up cutting through the park across from the WH. One of them (both middle aged, casual dressed) was carrying. They made it all of 10 feet into the park before uniformed Secret Service officers approached from different directions and asked if they were armed and if they were LEO's. I don't remember what the handgun was, but the inspector was impressed that they saw it so quickly.

I would believe that long before these people touched the fence they had been watched and evaluated regarding what they might be wearing or carrying.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I'd venture that the fence jumpers weren't shot because the lookouts -- or whatever their title is -- radioed that they could not see a weapon. Everybody that enters the park across from the White House, let alone the sidewalk in front of the building itself, is under surveillance. I remember reading about this in a couple of books (fiction and non-fiction) but didn't believe it until something happened to a couple of federal agents that I knew.

One recent article quoted a person with the SS saying that they were not able to tell if the guy had an explosive vest or not. I haven't looked at the video to see if he's wearing a T-shirt, or something bulkier.

If he was wearing a T-shirt, they might have let him run, especially after the recent shooting of the mother who tried to force her way in her car on WH grounds - assuming the political minders in the WH asked the SS to wait to assess targets before shooting. I'm not sure how one can make a snap judgment on the mental state of a runner, or whether he/she is a real threat.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    A Post columnist argues that further restricting access would be a nonsensical response to mistakes made in security protocols ...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...256-11e4-9a15-137aa0153527_story.html?hpid=z1

... if she runs with this frame of thinking, she could make the same argument against further gun control. :innocent0

If she keeps running this way, she could be looking for employment at the Washington Times, after she's asked to leave the WaPo to "seek other opportunities".

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on your way out, honey.

Or maybe the paper's new owner, Jeff Bezos of Amazon fame, is bending the editorial policy a bit more toward the center?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    The front door was unlocked???

Maybe Bill gave the key to Monica as a souvenir.

Seriously some have been quick to point out that Gonzalez is a Hispanic from Texas, as if he was an illegal here for the sole purpose of invading the White House.

First, there could have Gonzalez's in Texas when the Pilgrims were starving at Plymouth Rock or burning witches in Salem. He could be more of a native Texan than any of the white folk.

Secondly immigrants have fought valiantly for the US since the Irish in the Civil War. Today, everyone claims Irish heritage, but there was a time when they hated in this country.

Thirdly, Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome is a modern name for a condition that was described by the ancient Egyptians and Greeks. It's not hard to find videos of WW1 vets who can do little more than shake and tremble.

Fourth, my father was on an evacuation transport at Guadalcanal. It took troops to the island then ferried the wounded back to to Australia. I found some of its War Diaries at the Naval Yard in DC and some of the evacs were 2/3 mental cases.

Fifth, Gonzalez served and saw combat. He is as much a victim of was as those who lost legs, arms or faces and deserves our sympathy and our thanks for having served.

Sixth, In these days of ISIS and the TSA needing to strip search grandmothers, there is no way the SS could decide in the dark that this running guy did not pose some sort of biologic, explosive or firearm threat.
    I think they should have shot him and they should have shot that woman who tried to back over the agent much sooner.

Seventh, Vigilance is harder than it sounds. Boredom happens quickly.
    http://www.armstrong.edu/Initiative...ilence_psychological_disorders_and_soldiers_i

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    I keep hearing "They should have shot him."

Per Dan Bongino today, the SS has no more authority to shoot without a verifiable threat than any other LEA.

Imagine the headline if they HAD shot and killed him... "Combat vet with PTSD and environmental concerns gunned down on WH lawn, with nothing more than a pen knife in his pocket"

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    They also have Belgian Malinois dogs trained to intercept targets on the WH grounds. So who didn't let the dogs out?

A closer look at the video shows--to me-- a dog racing in from the right frame with his handler close behind RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE HEDGES, but the fence jumper literally cuts through the hedge heading for the front door. The dog then apears to pass the point in the hedge where the fence jumper entered.

It seems that the dog focused on the officer coming in from frame left and had to be called off, as the officer then made a U-turn and raced around the hedge row to the left heading for the front door.

ALL THIS, despite a claim that continues to be made on cable news that the Secret Service did not release a dog. But I see a dog streaking in from the right, albeit too late, and with too many targets for a dog to discern.

As I believe I posted earlier, the officers are apparently supposed to hang back to allow the dog to focus….but the dog release came way late.

So the Secret Service officers without dogs appear to have been following protocols, but were jammed up by the late dog release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom